An equation was constructed to estimate the stem volume of Norway spruce (Picea abies (L.) Karst.) in 145 stands growing on former farmland in Sweden (Latitude 56-63 degrees N). The mean total age was 40 +/- 13 (range 17-91) years, the mean diameter at breast height (ob... View more
Johansson, T.; Karlsson, K. Yield of 30-year-Old Norway Spruce (Picea abies (L.) Karst.) Planted on Farm Land in Southern and Central Sweden and Recommendations for Planting Norway Spruce on Farm Land. Swed. Univ. Agric. Sci. Dept. For. Yield Res. Rep. 1988, 21, 37.
Henriksen, H.A. Yield and Stability of Conifers. Dan. For. Assoc. Tidskr. 1955, 40, 571-591.
3. Bryndum, H. Terminated Sample Plots in Norway spruce. Dan. For. Exp. Stat. 1964, 28, 261-397.
4. Bryndum, H. Yield Experiments in Norway Spruce Stands. Dan. Skovfor. Tidskr. 1965, 50, 175-192.
5. Bryndum, H. Thinning Experiments in Young Norway Spruce. Nor. For. Res. Inst. 1967, 22, 49-63.
6. Bryndum, H. Thinning trials in young stands of Norway spruce growing on clay till soils. Dan. For. Exp. Stat. 1978, 36, 1-180. (In Danish)
7. Johansson, T. Site Index Curves for Norway Spruce Plantations on Farmland with Different Soil Types. Studia For. Suecic. 1995, 198, 1-19.
8. Johansson, T. Biomass Production of Norway Spruce (Picea abies (L.) Karst.) Growing on Abandoned Farmland. Silva Fenn. 1999, 33, 261-280.
9. Klem, G.G. The Influence of Spacing on Spruce Quality. Norw. For. Res. Inst. 1952, 11, 477-506.
10. Andersen, K.F. Increasing Yield Production on Moor Plantations. Vaekst 1984, 105, 11-13.