Pyrolysis is a promising approach that is being investigated to convert lignin into higher value products including biofuels and phenolic chemicals. In this study, fast pyrolysis of four types of lignin, including milled Amur linden wood lignin (MWL), enzymatic hydrolys... View more
Butler, E.; Devlin, G.; Meier, D.; McDonnell, K. A rellview of recent laboratory research and commercial developments in fast pyrolysis and upgrading. Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev. 2011, 15, 4171-4186.
Zhang, Q.; Chang, J.; Wang, T.J.; Xu, Y. Review of biomass pyrolysis oil properties and upgrading research. Energy Convers. Manag. 2007, 48, 87-92.
Ind. Crop. Prod. 2004, 20, 131-141.
Mu, W.; Ben, H.; Ragauskas, A.; Deng, Y. Lignin Pyrolysis Components and Upgrading-Technology Review. Bioenerg. Res. 2013, 6, 1183-1204.
5. Windt, M.; Meier, D.; Marsman, J.H.; Heeres, H.J.; de Koning, S. Micro-pyrolysis of technical lignins in a new modular rig and product analysis by GC-MS/FID and GC×GC-TOFMS/FID. J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis 2009, 85, 38-46.
6. Brebu, M.; Cazacu, G.; Chirila, O. Pyrolysis of lignin-a potential method for obtaining chemicals and/or fuels. Cellul. Chem. Technol. 2011, 45, 43-50.
7. Pittman, C.U., Jr.; Mohan, D.; Eseyin, A.; Li, Q.; Ingram, L.; Hassan, E.B.M.; Mitchell, B.; Guo, H.; Steele, P.H. Characterization of bio-oils produced from fast pyrolysis of corn stalks in an auger reactor. Energy Fuels 2012, 26, 3816-3825.
8. Mohan, D.; Pittman, C.U., Jr.; Steele, P.H. Pyrolysis of wood/biomass for bio-oil: A critical review. Energy Fuels 2006, 20, 848-889.
9. Zhang, M.; Resende, F.L.P.; Moutsoglou, A.; Raynie, D.E. Pyrolysis of lignin extracted from prairie cordgrass, aspen, and Kraft lignin by Py-GC/MS and TGA/FTIR. J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis 2012, 98, 65-71.
10. Patwardhan, P.R.; Brown, R.C.; Shanks, B.H. Understanding the fast pyrolysis of lignin. ChemSusChem 2011, 4, 1629-1636.