Subject: HF5548.7-5548.85 | reliability | BF1-990 | TSI | Industrial psychology | Greek educators | psychosocial factors | Psychology Research and Behavior Management | Psychology | occupational stress | Original Research | validity
Ntina Kourmousi, Christina Darviri, Liza Varvogli, Evangelos C Alexopoulos School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens, Greece Background: The Teacher Stress Inventory (TSI) is an instrument for measuring occupational stress in teachers. This study aimed to transl... View more
1. OSH in figures: stress at work - facts and figures, European Risk Observatory Report. European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA). Available from https://osha.europa.eu//en/publications/ reports/TE-81-08-478-EN-C_OSH_in_gfiures_stress_at_wor k. Accessed March 17, 2013.
2. Stress at the workplace [webpage on the Internet]. Available from: http:// www.who.int/occupational_health/topics/stressatwp/en/. Geneva: World Health Organization. Accessed March 17, 2013.
3. Dunham J, Varma V, editors. Stress in Teachers: Past, Present and Future. London: Whurr Publishers Ltd; 1998.
4. Travers CJ, Cooper CL. Teachers Under Pressure: Stress in the Teaching Profession. Abingdon: Routledge; 1996.
5. Zhang Q, Sapp DA. A burning issue in teaching: the impact of perceived teacher burnout. Journal of Communication Studies. 2008;1(2):152-168.
6. van Dick R, Wagner U. Stress and strain in teaching: a structural equation approach. Br J Educ Psychol. 2001;71(Pt 2):243-259.
7. Tang CSK, Au WT, Schwarzer R, Schmitz G. Mental health outcomes of job stress among Chinese teachers. Journal of Organisational Behaviour. 2001;22(8):887-910.
8. Smith A, Brice C, Collins A, Matthews V, McNamara R. Scale of Occupational Stress: A Further Analysis of the Impact of Demographic Factors and Type of Job. Sudbury: Health and Safety Executive; 2000.
9. Barnabe C, Burns M. Teachers' job characteristics and motivation. Educational Research. 1994;36(2):171-185.
10. Burke RJ, Greenglass ER, Schwarzer R. Predicting teacher burnout over time: effects of work stress, social support, and selfdoubts on burnout and its consequences. Anxiety Stress Coping. 1996;9(3):261-275.