Subject: COLLEGE | Special aspects of education | Research Article | IMPACT | STUDENTS | Programmatic assessment | LC8-6691 | Summative assessment | Feedback | PERFORMANCE | R735 | PERSPECTIVES | TEACHERS | DESIGN | STRATEGY
Abstract Background Despite growing evidence of the benefits of including assessment for learning strategies within programmes of assessment, practical implementation of these approaches is often problematical. Organisational culture change is often hindered by personal... View more
1. Shepard L. The role of assessment in a learning culture. Educ Res. 2000;29:4-14.
2. Schuwirth LW, Van der Vleuten CPM. Programmatic assessment: from assessment of learning to assessment for learning. Medical Teacher. 2011;33:478-85.
3. Van der Vleuten CPM, Schuwirth LW, Driessen E, Dijkstra J, Tigelaar D, Baartman LKJ, van Tartwijk J. A model for programmatic assessment fit for purpose. Medical Teacher. 2012;34:205-14.
4. Dannefer EF, Henson LC. The portfolio approach to competency-based assessment at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine. Acad Med. 2007;82:493-502.
5. Dannefer E, Bierer B, Gladding SP. Evidence within a portfolio-based assessment program: what do medical students select to document their performance? Medical Teacher. 2012;34:215-20.
6. Altahawi F, Sisk B, Poloskey S, Hicks C, Dannefer EF. Student perspectives on assessment: experience in a competency-based portfolio system. Medical Teacher. 2012;34:221-5.
7. Bok HGJ, Teunissen PW, Favier RP, Rietbroek NJ, Theyse LFH, Haarhuis JCM, van Beukelen P, der Vleuten CPM V, Jaarsma DA. Programmatic assessment of competency-based workplace learning: when theory meets practice. BMC Medical Education. 2013;13:123. doi:10.1186/1472-6920-13-123.
8. Heeneman S, Oudkerk Pool A, Schuwirth LWT, Van der Vleuten CPM, Driessen EW. The impact of programmatic assessment on student learning - the theory versus practice. Med Educ. 2015 May 1;49(5):487-98.
9. Dolmans D, de Grave W, Wolfhagen I, Van der Vleuten C. Problem-based learning: future challenges for educational practice and research. Med Educ. 2005;39:732-41.
10. Dornan T, Scherpbier A, King N, Boshuizen H. Clinical teachers and problembased learning: a phenomenological study. Med Educ. 2005;39:163-70.