Subject: feasibility | supervised HIV self-testing | Research Article | pregnant women | India | acceptability
Introduction: HIV self-testing can increase coverage of essential HIV services. This study aimed to establish the acceptability, concordance and feasibility of supervised HIV self-testing among pregnant women in rural India. Methods: A cross-sectional, mixed methods stu... View more
1. Branson BM, Viall A, Marum E. Expanding HIV testing: back to the future. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013;63(Suppl 2):S117 21. doi: http://dx.doi. org/10.1097/QAI.0b013e3182986f25
2. Bolu OO, Allread V, Creek T, Stringer E, Forna F, Bulterys M, et al. Approaches for scaling up human immunodeficiency virus testing and counseling in prevention of mother-to-child human immunodeficiency virus transmission settings in resource-limited countries. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007;197(Suppl 3):S83 9. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2007.03.006
3. World Health Organization. Global update on the health sector response to HIV, 2014. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2014.
4. UNAIDS. Global plan towards the elimination of new HIV infections among children by 2015 and keeping their mothers alive 2011 2015. Geneva: UNAIDS; 2011.
5. Rogers A, Meundi A, Amma A, Rao A, Shetty P, Antony J, et al. HIVrelated knowledge, attitudes, perceived benefits, and risks of HIV testing among pregnant women in rural Southern India. AIDS Patient Care STDs. 2006;20(11):803 11. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/apc.2006.20.803
6. Sinha G, Dyalchand A, Khale M, Kulkarni G, Vasudevan S, Bollinger RC. Low utilization of HIV testing during pregnancy: what are the barriers to HIV testing for women in rural India? J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2008;47(2):248 52.
7. Panditrao M, Darak S, Jori V, Kulkarni S, Kulkarni V. Barriers associated with the utilization of continued care among HIV-infected women who had previously enrolled in a private sector PMTCT program in Maharashtra, India. AIDS Care. 2015;27(5):642 8. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09540121.2014. 990868
8. Sarin E, Nayak H, Das M, Nanda P. HIV testing among pregnant wives of migrant men in a rural district of India: urgent call for scale up. Women Health. 2013;53(4):369 83. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03630242.2013.796306
9. Pallikadavath S, Foss M, Stones RW. Antenatal care: provision and inequality in rural north India. Soc Sci Med. 2004;59(6):1147 58. doi: http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.socscimed.2003.11.045
10. World Health Organization. Rapid HIV tests: guidelines for use in HIV testing and counselling services in resource-constrained settings. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2004.