Subject: travel behavior change | R | critical incidents | critical reactions | Medicine | older persons | Article
Accessibility of travel may be better understood if psychological factors underlying change in travel behavior are known. This paper examines older (65+) travelers’ motives for changing their travel behavior. These changes are grounded in critical incidents earlier enco... View more
United Nations. World Population Ageing; Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division of the United Nations: New York, NY, USA, 2009.
Myck, M. Living longer, working longer: The need for a comprehensive approach to labour market reform in response to demographic changes. Eur. J. Ageing 2015, 12, 3-5.
Statistics Sweden. Sveriges Framtida Befolkning 2012-2060: [The Future Population of Sweden 2012-2060] Örebro: SCB2012. Available online: http://www.scb.se/statistik/_publikationer/ BE0401_2012I60_BR_BE51BR1202.pdf (accessed on 10 December 2014).
Sundling, C.; Berglund, B.; Nilsson, M.E.; Emardson, R.; Pendrill, L.R. Overall accessibility to traveling by rail for the elderly with and without functional limitations: The whole-trip perspective. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2014, 11, 12938-12968.
5. Iwarsson, S.; Ståhl, A. Traffic engineering and occupational therapy: A collaborative approach for future directions. Scand. J. Occup. Ther. 1999, 6, 21-28.
6. Green, J.; Jones, A.; Roberts, H. More than A to B: The role of free bus travel for the mobility and wellbeing of older citizens in London. Ageing Soc. 2014, 34, 472-494.
7. Mollenkopf, H.; Hieber, A.; Wahl, H.-W. Continuity and change in older adults' perceptions of out-of-home mobility over ten years: A qualitative-quantitative approach. Ageing Soc. 2011, 31, 782-802.
8. Siren, A.; Hakamies-Blomqvist, L. Does gendered driving create gendered mobility? Community-related mobility in Finnish women and men aged 65+. Transp. Res. F Traffic Psychol. Behav. 2006, 9, 374-382.
9. Avineri, E. The use and potential of behavioural economics from the perspective of transport and climate change. J. Transp. Geogr. 2012, 24, 512-521.
10. Bamberg, S.; Fujii, S.; Friman, M.; Gärling, T. Behaviour theory and soft transport policy measures. Transp. Policy 2011, 18, 228-235.