Background Identification of good metaphase spreads is an important step in chromosome analysis for identifying individuals with genetic disorders. The process of finding suitable metaphase chromosomes for accurate clinical analysis is, however, very time consuming sinc... View more
1. Wang X, Li S, Liu H, Wood M, Chen W, Zheng B: Automated identification of analyzable metaphase chromosomes depicted on microscopic digital images. Journal of biomedical informatics 2008, 41(2):264-271.
2. Castleman Kenneth R: The PSI Automatic MetaphaseFinder. Journal of Radiation Research 1992, 33(Suppl 1):124-128.
3. Huber R, Kulka U, Lörch T, Braselmann H, Bauchinger M: Automated metaphase finding: an assessment of the efficiency of the METAFER2 system in a routine mutagenicity assay. Mutation Research/ Environmental Mutagenesis and Related Subjects 1995, 334:(1) 97-102.
4. Popescu M, Gader P, Keller J, Klein C, Stanley J, Caldwell C: Automatic karyotyping of metaphase cells with overlapping chromosomes. Computers in biology and medicine 1999, 29(1):61-82.
5. Wang X, Zheng B, Li S, Mulvihill J, Wood C, Liu H: Automated classification of metaphase chromosomes: optimization of an adaptive computerized scheme”. Journal of biomedical informatics 2009, 42(1):22-31.
6. Vliet LJ, Young IT, Mayall BH: The Athena semi-automated karyotyping system”. Cytometry 1990, 11(1):51-58.
7. Ritter G, Gallegos MT, Gaggermeier K: Automatic context-sensitive karyotyping of human chromosome based on elliptically symmetric statistical distributions”. Pattern Recognition 1995, 28(6):823-831.
8. Liu D, Yu J: Otsu method and K-means. In Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems (HIS 2009). Shenyang, China;Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE ) 2009:344-349, 12-14 August 2009.
9. Gajendran V, Rodríguez J: Chromosome counting via digital image analysis. In Proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2004). Singapore;Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE ) 2004:2929-2932, 24-27 October 2004.
10. Wayalun P, Chomphuwiset P, Laopracha N, Wanchanthuek P: Images Enhancement of G-band Chromosome Using histogram equalization, OTSU thresholding, morphological dilation and flood fill techniques. In Proceedings of the 2012 8th International Conference on Computing and Networking Technology (ICCNT 2012). Gyeongju, South Korea;Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ( IEEE ) 2012:163-168, 27-29 August 2012 2004.