Background The purpose of the present study was to examine the impact of oral health conditions on cognitive functioning on basis of data samples from several European countries. Methods Secondary analyses were conducted of data from wave 2 of the Survey of Health, Agei... View more
1. Teixeira FB, Pereira Fernandes Lde M, Noronha PA, Dos Santos MA, Gomes-Leal W, do Socorro Ferraz Maia C, Rodrigues Lima R: Masticatory deficiency as a risk factor for cognitive dysfunction. Int J Med Sci 2014, 11:209-214.
2. Hansson P, Sunnegårdh-Grönberg K, Bergdahl J, Bergdahl M, Nyberg L, Nilsson LG: Relationship between natural teeth and memory in a healthy elderly population. Eur J Oral Sci 2013, 121:333-340.
3. Naorungroj S, Schoenbach VJ, Beck J, Mosley TH, Gottesman RF, Alonso A, Heiss G, Slade GD: Cross-sectional associations of oral health measures with cognitive function in late middle-aged adults: a community-based study. J Am Dent Assoc 2013, 144:1362-1371.
4. Elsig F, Schimmel M, Duvernay E, Giannelli SV, Graf CE, Carlier S, Herrmann FR, Michel JP, Gold G, Zekry D, Müller F: Tooth loss, chewing efficiency and cognitive impairment in geriatric patients. Gerodontology 2013. doi:10.1111/ger.12079. [Epub ahead of print].
5. Saito Y, Sugawara N, Yasui-Furukori N, Takahashi I, Nakaji S, Kimura H: Cognitive function and number of teeth in a community-dwelling population in Japan. Ann Gen Psychiatry 2013, 12:20.
6. Ohkubo C, Morokuma M, Yoneyama Y, Matsuda R, Lee JS: Interactions between occlusion and human brain function activities. J Oral Rehabil 2013, 40:119-29.
7. Lexomboon D, Trulsson M, Wårdh I, Parker MG: Chewing ability and tooth loss: association with cognitive impairment in an elderly population study. J Am Geriatr Soc 2012, 60:1951-6.
8. Clouston SA, Brewster P, Kuh D, Richards M, Cooper R, Hardy R, Rubin MS, Hofer SM: The dynamic relationship between physical function and cognition in longitudinal aging cohorts. Epidemiol Rev 2013. Epub ahead of print.
9. Singh-Manoux A, Kivimaki M, Glymour MM, Elbaz A, Berr C, Ebmeier KP, Ferrie JE, Dugravot A: Timing of onset of cognitive decline: results from Whitehall II prospective cohort study. Br Med J 2012, 344:1-8.
10. Richards M, Shipley B, Fuhrer R, Wadsworth ME: Cognitive ability in childhood and cognitive decline in mid-life: longitudinal birth cohort study. Br Med J 2004, 328:552-557.