International audience; An iterative alternate projection-based algorithm is developed to design structured surface reflectors to operate as beam splitters at GHz and THz frequencies. To validate the method, a surface profile is determined to achieve a reflector at 610 ... View more
G. Beaudin and P. J. Encrenaz, “Fundamentals of receivers for terahertz systems,” in New Directions in Terahertz Technology, J. M. Chamberlain and R. Miles, eds. (Academic, 1997), pp. 53-61.
F. P. Helmich on behalf of the HIFI consortium, “Herschel-hifi: The heterodyne instrument for the far-infrared,” EAS Publications series 52, 15-20 (2011).
J. N. Mait, “Understanding diffractive optic design in the scalar domain,” J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 12, 2145-2158 (1995).
10. S. J. Walker and J. Jahns, "Array generation with multilevel phase gratings," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 7, 1509-1513 (1990).
11. U. U. Graf and S. Heyminck, “Fourier gratings as submillimeter beam splitters,” IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation 49(4), 542-546 (2001).
12. J. N. Mait, "Design of binary-phase and multiphase Fourier gratings for array generation," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 7, 1514-1528 (1990).
13. S. Heyminck and U. U. Graf, “Array-receiver LO unit using collimating Fourier-gratings,” in Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Space Terahertz Technology, I. Mehdi, ed. (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 2001), pp. 563-570.
14. V. Arrizón, M. Testorf, S. Sinzinger, and J. Jahns, "Iterative optimization of phase-only diffractive optical elements based on a lenslet array," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 17, 2157-2164 (2000).
15. G. Zhou, Y. Chen, Z. Wang, and H. Song, "Genetic local search algorithm for optimization design of diffractive optical elements," Appl. Opt. 38, 4281-4290 (1999).
16. M. E. Testorf and M. A. Fiddy,"Efficient optimization of diffractive optical elements based on rigorous diffraction models," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 18, 2908-2914 (2001).