Subject: Industrial psychology | calligraphic handwriting | Psychology | Psychology Research and Behavior Management | meditation | HF5548.7-5548.85 | stress reduction | BF1-990 | Original Research | intervention
mesheuropmc: endocrine system
Henry SR Kao,1 Lin Zhu,2 An An Chao,3 Hao Yi Chen,4 Ivy CY Liu,5 Manlin Zhang6 1Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong; 2Department of Psychology, Renmin University of China, Beijing, 3International Society of Calligraphy... View more
1. Kao HSR, editor. Chinese Calligraphy Therapy. Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press; 2000.
2. Xu M, Kao HS, Zhang M, Lam SP, Wang W. Cognitive-neural effects of brush writing of Chinese characters: cortical excitation of theta rhythm. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:975190.
3. Kao HSR, Chen CC, Chang TM. The effect of calligraphy practice on character recognition reaction time among children with ADHD disorder. In: Roth R, editor. Psychologists Facing the Challenge of a Global Culture with Human Rights and Mental Health. Presented at the 55th Annual Convention of the Council of Psychologists, Graz, Austria, July 14-18, 1997.
4. Kao HSR. Chinese calligraphy handwriting for health and rehabilitation of the elderly. Presented at the Second World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. Prague, Czech Republic, May 18-22, 2003.
5. Kao HSR, Gao D, Wang M. Brush handwriting treatment of cognitive deficiencies in Alzheimer's disease patients. Neurobiol Aging. 2000; 21 Suppl 1:14.
6. Kao HSR, Gao D, Wang M, Cheung HY, Chiu J. Chinese calligraphic handwriting: treatment of cognitive decfiiencies of Alzheimer's disease patients. Alzheimer's Reports. 2000;3:281-287.
7. Kwok TC, Ba X, Kao HS, Li JC, Ho FK. Cognitive effects of calligraphy therapy for older people: a randomized controlled trial in Hong Kong. Clin Interv Aging. 2011;6:269-273.
8. Kao HSR. Calligraphy therapy: a complementary approach to psychotherapy. Asia Pacicfi Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy . 2010;1:55-66.
9. Yang XL, Li HH, Hong MH, Kao HS. The effectiveness of calligraphy practice and relaxation training in Chinese nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Nurs Stud. 2010;47: 550-559.
10. Bohlmeijer E, Prenger R, Taal E, Cuijpers P. The effects of mindfulness-based stress reduction therapy on mental health of adults with a chronic medical disease: a meta-analysis. J Psychosom Res. 2010;68: 539-544.