Subject: Gulf of Mexico. | coastal water quality | MODIS Aqua | hurricanes | TP1-1185 | Gulf of Mexico | K_490 | chlorophyll | Ocean color remote sensing | Chemical technology | Article
The impacts of major tropical storms events on coastal waters include sediment resuspension, intense water column mixing, and increased delivery of terrestrial materials into coastal waters. We examined satellite imagery acquired by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spect... View more
1. Allison, M.A.; Sheremet, A.; Goni, M.A. Stone, G.W. Storm layer deposition on the MississippiAtchafalaya subaqueous delta generated by Hurricane Lili in 2002. Cont. Shelf Res. 2005, 25, 2213-2232.
2. Babin, S.M.; Carton, J.A.; Dickey, T.D.; Wiggert, J.D. Satellite evidence of hurricane-induced phytoplankton blooms in an oceanic desert. J. Geophys. Res.-Oceans 2004, 109, Artn c03043.
3. Baith, K.; Lindsay, R.; Fu, G. McClain, C.R. SeaDAS, a data analysis system for ocean-color satellite sensors. EOS Trans AGU 2001, 82, 202.
4. Chang, G.C.; Dickey, T.D. Williams, A.J., III Sediment resuspension over a continental shelf during Hurricanes Edouard and Hortense. J. Geophys. Res.-Oceans 2001, 106, 9517-9531.
5. Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research Gulf of Mexico Near Real-Time Altimeter Viewer, http://argo.colorado.edu/%7Erealtime/gsfc_gom-real-time_ssh/, Accessed June 14, 2008.
6. Davis, A.; Yan, X.-H. Hurricane forcing on chlorophyll-a concentration off the northeast coast of the U.S. Geophys. Res. Lett. 2004, 31, L06309.
7. Darecki, M.; Stramski, D. An evaluation of MODIS and SeaWiFS bio-optical algorithms in the Baltic Sea. Remote Sens. Environ. 2004, 89, 326-350.
8. Feldman, G.C., Ocean Color Web, MODIS Aqua Reprocessing 5, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov/, Accessed July 31, 2007 - 31 May 2008.
9. Gierach, M.; M.Subrahmanyam, B. Biophysical responses of the upper ocean to major Gulf of Mexico hurricanes in 2005. Journal Geophys. Res.-Oceans 2008, 113, Artn C04029.
10. Goni, M.A.; Gordon, E.S.; Monacci, N.M.; Clinton, R.; Gisewhite, R.; Allison, M.A. Kineke, G. The effect of Hurricane Lili on the distribution of organic matter along the inner Louisiana shelf (Gulf of Mexico, USA). Cont. Shelf Res. 2006, 26, 2260-2280.