International audience; BACKGROUND: Dengue diagnosis is complex and until recently only specialized laboratories were able to definitively confirm dengue infection. Rapid tests are now available commercially making biological diagnosis possible in the field. The aim of ... View more
1. WHO/TDR (2009) Dengue: guidelines for diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control. 3rd edition.
2. Gubler DJ (2011) Dengue, Urbanization and Globalization: The Unholy Trinity of the 21st Century. Trop Med Health 39(4 Suppl):3-11
3. Guzman MG, Halstead SB, Artsob H, Buchy P, Farrar J, et al. (2010) Dengue: A continuing global threat. Nature Reviews Microbiology S7-16
4. Young PR, Hilditch PA, Bletchly C, Halloran W (2000) An antigen capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay reveals high levels of the dengue virus protein NS1 in the sera of infected patients. J Clin Microbiol 38: 1053-1057
5. Alcon S, Talarmin A, Debruyne M, Falconar A, Deubel V, et al. (2002) Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay specific to Dengue virus type 1 nonstructural protein NS1 reveals circulation of the antigen in the blood during the acute phase of disease in patients experiencing primary or secondary infections. J Clin Microbiol 40: 376-381
6. Wang SM, Sekaran SD (2010) Evaluation of a commercial SD dengue virus NS1 antigen capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay kit for early diagnosis of dengue virus infection. J Clin Microbiol 48:2793-7
7. Hu D, Di B, Ding X, Wang Y, Chen Y, et al. (2011) Kinetics of non-structural protein 1, IgM and IgG antibodies in dengue type 1 primary infection. Virol J 8:47
8. Lanciotti RS, Calisher CH, Gubler DJ, Chang GJ, Vorndam AV (1992) Rapid detection and typing of dengue viruses from clinical samples by using reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Microbiol 30: 545-551
9. Reynes JM, Ong S, Mey C, Ngan C, Hoyer S, et al. (2003) Improved molecular detection of dengue virus serotype 1 variants. J Clin Microbiol 41: 3864-3867
10. Hue KD, Tuan TV, Thi HT, Bich CT, Anh HH, et al. (2011) Validation of an internally controlled onestep real-time multiplex RT-PCR assay for the detection and quantitation of dengue virus RNA in plasma. J Virol Methods 177:168-73.