Subject: Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology(all) | Oral chemotherapy | Research Article | Compliance | Medicine(all) | Interdisciplinary care | Medication adherence | Medication management
Background With a paradigm shift toward a chronic care model in cancer, the issue of adherence is becoming increasingly important in oncology. Methods We mailed two self-reported surveys on current nursing practices for patients on oral chemotherapy to all 309 designate... View more
1. Given BA, Spoelstra SL, Grant M: The challenges of oral agents as antineoplastic treatments. Semin Oncol Nurs 2011, 27:93-103.
2. Moody M, Jackowski J: Are patients on oral chemotherapy in your practice setting safe? Clin J Oncol Nurs 2010, 14:339-346.
3. Verbrugghe M, Verhaeghe S, Lauwaert K, Beeckman D, Van Hecke A: Determinants and associated factors influencing medication adherence and persistence to oral anticancer drugs: a systematic review. Cancer Treat Rev 2013, 39:610-621.
4. Wood L: A review on adherence management in patients on oral cancer therapies. Eur J Oncol Nurs 2012, 16:432-438.
5. Winkeljohn DL: Oral chemotherapy medications: the need for a nurse's touch. Clin J Oncol Nurs 2007, 11:793-796.
6. Fallowfield L, Atkins L, Catt S, Cox A, Coxon C, Langridge C, Morris R, Price M: Patients' preference for administration of endocrine treatments by injection or tablets: results from a study of women with breast cancer. Ann Oncol 2006, 17:205-210.
7. Neuss MN, Polovich M, McNiff K, Esper P, Gilmore TR, LeFebvre KB, Schulmeister L, Jacobson JO: 2013 updated American Society of Clinical Oncology/Oncology Nursing Society chemotherapy administration safety standards including standards for the safe administration and management of oral chemotherapy. Oncol Nurs Forum 2013, 40:225-233.
8. Foulon V, Schoffski P, Wolter P: Patient adherence to oral anticancer drugs: an emerging issue in modern oncology. Acta Clin Belg 2011, 66:85-96.
9. Partridge AH, Avorn J, Wang PS, Winer EP: Adherence to therapy with oral antineoplastic agents. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002, 94:652-661.
10. Ruddy K, Mayer E, Partridge A: Patient adherence and persistence with oral anticancer treatment. CA Cancer J Clin 2009, 59:56-66.