The subject of this study is the development of flavor wax formulations aimed for food and feed products. The melt dispersion technique was applied for the encapsulation of ethyl vanillin in wax microcapsules. The surface morphology of microparticles was investigated us... View more
1. Madene, A.; Jacquot, M.; Scher, J.; Desobry, S. Aroma encapsulation and controlled release-A review. Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2006, 41, 1-21.
2. de Roos, K.B. Effect of texture and microstructure on flavour retention and release. Int. Dairy J. 2003, 13, 593-605.
3. Mellema, M.; van Benthum, A.J.; Boer， B.; von Harras, J.; Visser, A. Wax encapsulation of water-soluble compounds for application in foods. J. Microencapsul. 2006, 23, 729-740.
4. Donhowe, I.G.; Fennema, O. Water vapour and oxygen permeability of wax films. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 1993, 70, 867-873.
5. Scheiber, L.; Riederer M. Determination of diffusion coefficients of octadecanoic acid in isolated cuticular waxes and their relationship to cuticular water permeabilities. Plant Cell Environ. 1996, 19, 1075-1082.
7. Redl, A.; Gontard, N.; Guilbert, S. Determination of sorbic acid diffusivity in edible wheat gluten and lipid based films. J. Food Sci. 1996, 61, 116-120.
8. Shellhammer, T.H.; Rumsey, T.R.; Krochta, J.M. Viscoelastic properties of edible lipids. J. Food Eng. 1997, 33, 305-320.
9. Ni, Y.; Zhang, G.; Kokot, S. Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of maltol, vanillin, and ethyl vanillin in foods by multivariate calibration and artificial neural network. Food Chem. 2005, 89, 465-473.
10. Gibbs, B.F.; Kermasha, S.; Alli, I.; Mulligan, C.N. Encapsulation in the food industry: a review. Int. J. Food Sci. Nutr. 1999, 50, 213-224.