Understanding the link between non-coding sequence variants, identified in genome-wide association studies, and the pathophysiology of complex diseases remains challenging due to a lack of annotations in non-coding regions. To overcome this, we developed DIVAN, a novel ... View more
1. 1000 Genomes Project Consortium, Abecasis GR, Altshuler D, Auton A, Brooks LD, Durbin RM, et al. A map of human genome variation from population-scale sequencing. Nature. 2010;467:1061-73.
2. Flanagan SE, Patch AM, Ellard S. Using SIFT and PolyPhen to predict loss-offunction and gain-of-function mutations. Genet Test Mol Biomark. 2010;14: 533-7.
3. Ritchie MD, Holzinger ER, Li R, Pendergrass SA, Kim D. Methods of integrating data to uncover genotype-phenotype interactions. Nat Rev Genet. 2015;16:85-97.
4. Tak YG, Farnham PJ. Making sense of GWAS: using epigenomics and genome engineering to understand the functional relevance of SNPs in non-coding regions of the human genome. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2015;8:57.
5. Zhang F, Lupski JR. Non-coding genetic variants in human disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:R102-10.
6. Maurano MT, Humbert R, Rynes E, Thurman RE, Haugen E, Wang H, et al. Systematic localization of common disease-associated variation in regulatory DNA. Science. 2012;337:1190-5.
7. Barski A, Cuddapah S, Cui K, Roh TY, Schones DE, Wang Z, et al. Highresolution profiling of histone methylations in the human genome. Cell. 2007;129:823-37.
8. Robertson G, Hirst M, Bainbridge M, Bilenky M, Zhao Y, Zeng T, et al. Genome-wide profiles of STAT1 DNA association using chromatin immunoprecipitation and massively parallel sequencing. Nat Methods. 2007;4:651-7.
9. Johnson DS, Mortazavi A, Myers RM, Wold B. Genome-wide mapping of in vivo protein-DNA interactions. Science. 2007;316:1497-502.
10. Boyle AP, Davis S, Shulha HP, Meltzer P, Margulies EH, Weng Z, et al. Highresolution mapping and characterization of open chromatin across the genome. Cell. 2008;132:311-22.