mesheuropmc: surgical procedures, operative | digestive system diseases
This study compared serotonin concentrations in platelet poor plasma (PPP) from healthy horses and horses with surgical small intestinal (SI) colic, and evaluated their association with postoperative ileus, strangulation and non-survival. Plasma samples (with EDTA) from... View more
1. Crowell MD. Role of serotonin in the pathophysiology of the irritable bowel syndrome. Br J Pharmacol 2004;141:1285-1293.
2. Gershon MD, Tack J. The serotonin signaling system: From basic understanding to drug development for functional GI disorders. Gastroenterology 2007;132:397-414.
3. Mohammad-Zadeh LF, Moses L, Gwaltney-Brant SM. Serotonin: A review. J Vet Pharmacol Therap 2008;31:187-199.
4. Berger M, Gray JA, Roth BL. The expanded biology of serotonin. Annu Rev Med 2009;60:355-366.
5. Deacon AC. The measurement of 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid in urine. Ann Clin Biochem 1994;31:215-232.
6. Galmarini D, Ghidoni P, Rossi G, et al. Serotonin (5-HT): An enteroendocrine marker of reperfusion injury after liver-small bowel allotransplantation in the pig. Transplant Proc 1997;29:1833-1832.
7. Kaihara S, Egawa H, Inomata Y, Uemoto S, Asonuma K, Tanaka K. Serotonin as a useful parameter for cold and warm ischemic injury in small bowel transplantation. Transplantation 1997;64:405-410.
8. Matia I, Baláz P, Jackanin S, et al. Serotonin levels in the small bowel mucosa as a marker of ischemic injury during small bowel preservation. Ann Transplant 2004;9:48-51.
9. Delesalle C, van de Walle GR, Nolten C, et al. Determination of the source of increased serotonin (5-HT) concentrations in blood and peritoneal fluid of colic horses with compromised bowel. Equine Vet J 2008;40:326-331.
10. Choudhury NA, Malyszko J, Ahmed MH, et al. Plasma serotonin and platelet aggregation during ischemia-reperfusion in dogs: Effect of dipyridamole and coenzyme Q10. Haemostasis 1996;26:38-44.