Subject: infant-directed speech | human–dog communication | [ SDV.NEU.PC ] Life Sciences [q-bio]/Neurons and Cognition [q-bio.NC]/Psychology and behavior | acoustic communication | hyperspeech | [SDV.NEU.PC]Life Sciences [q-bio]/Neurons and Cognition [q-bio.NC]/Psychology and behavior | [ SDV.NEU.NB ] Life Sciences [q-bio]/Neurons and Cognition [q-bio.NC]/Neurobiology | pet-directed speech | dog cognition | [SDV.NEU.NB]Life Sciences [q-bio]/Neurons and Cognition [q-bio.NC]/Neurobiology | Behaviour | [ SDV.NEU.SC ] Life Sciences [q-bio]/Neurons and Cognition [q-bio.NC]/Cognitive Sciences | [SDV.NEU.SC]Life Sciences [q-bio]/Neurons and Cognition [q-bio.NC]/Cognitive Sciences
mesheuropmc: otorhinolaryngologic diseases
International audience; Pet-directed speech is strikingly similar to infant-directed speech, a peculiar speaking pattern with higher pitch and slower tempo known to engage infants' attention and promote language learning. Here, we report the first investigation of poten... View more
2. Kuhl PK, Andruski JE, Chistovich IA, Chistovich LA, Kozhevnikova EV, Ryskina VL, Stolyarova EI, Sundberg U, Lacerda F. 1997 Cross-language analysis of phonetic units in language addressed to infants. Science 277, 684-686.
3. Cristia A, Seidl A. 2011 The hyperarticulation hypothesis of infant-directed speech. J. Child Lang. 41, 913-934.
4. Cooper RP, Abraham J, Berman S, Staska M. 1997 The development of infants' preference for motherese. Inf. Behav. Dev. 20, 477-488.
5. Naoi N, Minagawa-Kawai Y, Kobayashi A, Takeuchi K, Nakamura K, Yamamoto JI, Kojima S. 2012 Cerebral response to infant-directed speech and the effect of talker familiarity. NeuroImage 59, 1735-1744.
6. Ko ES. 2012 Nonlinear development of speaking rate in child-directed speech. Lingua 122, 841-857.
7. Werker JF, Pons F, Dietrich C, Kajikawa S, Fais L, Amano S. 2007 Infant-directed speech supports phonetic category learning in English and Japanese. Cognition 103, 147-162.
8. McMurray B, Kovack-Lesh KA, Goodwin D, McEchron W. 2013 Infant directed speech and the development of speech perception: Enhancing development or an unintended consequence? Cognition 129, 362-378.
9. Ma W, Golinkoff RM, Houston D, Hirsh- Pasek K. 2011 Word learning in infant- and adult-directed speech. Lang. Lear. Dev. 7, 209-225.
10. Liu, HM, Tsao FM, Kuhl P. 2009 Age-related changes in acoustic modifications of Mandarin maternal speech to preverbal infants and fiveyear-old children: a 9, 229-237.