Subject: hydroxyethyl cellulose | chitosan | RM1-950 | Therapeutics. Pharmacology | hydrogel | Drug Design, Development and Therapy | gastroretentive dosage form | Original Research | alendronate | swelling
Ying-Chen Chen,1,* Hsiu-O Ho,1,* Chiao-Chi Chiu,1 Ming-Thau Sheu1,2 1School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Taipei Medical University, 2Clinical Research Center and Traditional Herbal Medicine Research Center, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan*These a... View more
1. Streubel A, Siepmann J, Bodmeier R. Drug delivery to the upper small intestine window using gastroretentive technologies. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2006;6(5):501-508.
2. Nayak AK, Maji R, Das B. Gastroretentive drug delivery systems: a review. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2010;3(1):2-10.
3. Hoffman A. Pharmacodynamic aspects of sustained release preparations. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 1998;33(3):185-199.
4. Chawla G, Gupta P, Koradia V, Bansal AK. A means to address regional variability in intestinal drug absorption. Pharmaceutical Technology. 2003;27(7):50-68.
5. Waterman KC. A critical review of gastric retentive controlled drug delivery. Pharm Dev Technol. 2007;12(1):1-10.
6. Chavanpatil MD, Jain P, Chaudhari S, Shear R, Vavia PR. Novel sustained release, swellable and bioadhesive gastroretentive drug delivery system for ofloxacin. Int J Pharm. 2006;316(1-2):86-92.
7. Varshosaz J, Tavakoli N, Roozbahani F. Formulation and in vitro characterization of ciprofloxacin floating and bioadhesive extendedrelease tablets. Drug Deliv. 2006;13(4):277-285.
8. Arza RAK, Gonugunta CSR, Veerareddy PR. Formulation and evaluation of swellable and floating gastroretentive ciprofloxacin hydrochloride tablets. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2009;10(1):220-226.
9. Chen RN, Ho HO, Yu CY, Sheu MT. Development of swelling/floating gastroretentive drug delivery system based on a combination of hydroxyethyl cellulose and sodium carboxymethyl cellulose for Losartan and its clinical relevance in healthy volunteers with CYP2C9 polymorphism. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2010;39(1-3):82-89.
10. Chen YC, Ho HO, Lee TY, Sheu MT. Physical characterizations and sustained release profiling of gastroretentive drug delivery sys - tems with improved floating and swelling capabilities. Int J Pharm. 2013;441(1-2):162-169.