Subject: ANN | benzene exposure | TP1-1185 | Bayesian algorithm | PBPK | Chemical technology | Article
The objective of the current study was the development of a reliable modeling platform to calculate in real time the personal exposure and the associated health risk for filling station employees evaluating current environmental parameters (traffic, meteorological and a... View more
1. Jo, W.K.; Song, K.B. Exposure to volatile organic compounds for individuals with occupations associated with potential exposure to motor vehicle exhaust and gasoline vapour emissions. Sci. Total Environ. 2001, 269, 25-37.
2. IARC. IARC Monographs on the evaluation of carcinogenic risk to humans. International Agency for Research on Cancer; 2004.
3. Hotz, P.; Carbonnelle, P.; Haufroid, V.; Tschopp, A.; Buchet, J.P.; Lauwerys, R. Biological monitoring of vehicle mechanics and other employees exposed to low concentrations of benzene. Int. Arch. Occ. Environ. Hea. 1997, 70, 29-40.
4. Brugnone, F.; Perbellini, L.; Romeo, L.; Cerpelloni, M.; Bianchin, M.; Tonello, A. Benzene in blood as a biomarker of low level occupational exposure. Sci. Total Environ. 1999, 235, 247-252.
5. Cruz-Nunez, X.; Hernandez-Solis, J.M.; Ruiz-Suareza, L.G. Evaluation of vapor recovery systems efficiency and personal exposure in service stations in Mexico City. Sci. Total Environ. 2003, 309, 59-68.
6. Periago, J.F.; Zambudio, A.; Prado, C.; Evaluation of environmental levels of aromatic hydrocarbons in gasoline service stations by gas chromatography. J. Chromatogr. A 1997, 778, 263-268.
7. Gardner, M.W.; Dorling, S.R. Artificial neural networks (the multi-layer perceptron)- a review of applications in the atmospheric sciences. Atmos. Environ. 1998, 32, 2627-2636.
8. Topouzelis, K.; Karathanassi, V.; Pavlakis, P.; Rokos, D. Detection and discrimination between oil spills and look-alike phenomena through neural networks. Int. J. Photogramm. Remote Sens. 2007, 62, 264-270.
9. Gardner, M.W.; Dorling, S.R. Neural network modelling and prediction of hourly NOx and NO2 concentrations in urban air in London. Atmos. Environ.1999, 33, 709-719.
10. Karakitsios, S.; Papaloukas, C.; Kassomenos, P.; Pilidis, G. Assessment and prediction of benzene concentrations in a street canyon using artificial neural networks and deterministic models. Their response to “what if” scenarios. Ecol. Mod. 2006, 193, 253-270.