Subject: Original Article | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | core and support functions | Ebola | surveillance | health workers Ghana | Ebola; surveillance; core and support functions; health workers Ghana
Background: The recent Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has been described as unprecedented in terms of morbidity, mortality, and geographical extension. It also revealed many weaknesses and inadequacies for disease surveillance and response systems in Africa due to u... View more
1. Alexander KA, Sanderson CE, Marathe M, Lewis BL, Rivers CM, Shaman J, et al. What factors might have led to the emergence of Ebola in West Africa? PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2015; 9: e0003652.
2. Issah K, Nartey K, Amoah R, Bachan EG, Aleeba J, Yeetey E, et al. Assessment of the usefulness of Integrated Disease Surveillance and response on suspected Ebola cases in the Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana. Infect Dis Poverty 2015; 4: 17.
3. Gomes MF, Pastore YPA, Rossi L, Chao D, Longini I, Halloran ME, et al. Assessing the international spreading risk associated with the 2014 West African Ebola outbreak. PLoS Curr 2014; 6: 1 17.
4. Gostin LO. Ebola: towards an International Health Systems Fund. Lancet 2014; 384: e49 51.
5. Bausch DG, Schwarz L. Outbreak of Ebola virus disease in Guinea: where ecology meets economy. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2014; 8: e3056.
6. Thacker SB, Berkelman RL. Public health surveillance in the United States. Epidemiol Rev 1988; 10: 164 90.