Subject: Passenger car | Light weighting | Economic growth, development, planning | Technology | Cost optimisation. | Weight reduction | Light weighting;Weight reduction;Passenger car;Electric vehicle;Energy use;Total cost;Cost optimisation | T | Energy use | Electric vehicle | Total cost | HD72-88
mesheuropmc: health care economics and organizations
In this work the effect of weight reduction using advanced lightweight materials on the mass, energy use, and cost of conventional and battery electric passenger vehicles is compared. Analytic vehicle simulation is coupled with cost assessment to find the optimal degree... View more
1. Kim, M.J., Peng, H., Power Management and Design Optimization of Fuel Cell/Battery Hybrid Vehicles, Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 165, No. 2, pp 819-832, 2007, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2006.12.038
2. Shiau, C.S., Kaushal N., Hendrickson, C.T., Peterson, S.B., Whitacre, J.F., Michalek, J.J., Optimal Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Design and Allocation for Minimum Life Cycle Cost, Petroleum Consumption, and Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 132, 091013, 2010, http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4002194
3. Mohan, G., Assadian, F., Longo, S., An Optimization Framework for Comparative Analysis of Multiple Vehicle Powertrains, Energies, Vol. 6, pp 5507-5537, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/en6105507
4. Wilhelm, E., Hofer, J., Schenler, W., Guzzella, L., Optimal Implementation of Lightweighting and Powertrain Efficiency Technology in Passenger Vehicles, Transport, Vol. 27, pp 237-249, 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.3846/16484142.2012.719546
5. Hofer, J., Wilhelm, E., Schenler, W., Optimal Lightweighting in Battery Electric Vehicles, Proceedings of the International Electric Vehicle Symposium, May 6-9, 2012.
6. Kim, H.-J., Keoleian, G.A., Skerlos, S.J., Economic Assessment of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction by Vehicle Lightweighting Using Aluminum and High-Strength Steel, Journal of Industrial Ecology, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp 64-80, 2010, http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2010.00288.x
7. Redelbach, M., Klötzke, M., Friedrich, H.E., Impact of Lightweight Design on Energy Consumption and Cost Effectiveness of Alternative Powertrain Concepts, Proceedings of European Electric Vehicle Congress, pp 19-22, 2012.
8. Brooker, A. D., Ward, J., Wang, L., Lightweighting Impacts on Fuel Economy, Cost, and Component Losses, SAE International, SAE 2013-01-0381, 2013.
9. Kim, H. C., Wallington, T.J., Life-cycle Energy and Greenhouse Gas Emission Benefits of Lightweighting in Automobiles: Review and harmonization, Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 47, No. 12, pp 6089-6097, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/es3042115
10.Lewis, A. M., Kelly, J. C., Keoleian, G. A., Vehicle Lightweighting vs. Electrification: Life Cycle Energy and GHG Emissions Results for Diverse Powertrain Vehicles, Applied Energy, Vol. 126, pp 13-20, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.03.023