Introduction. There are not many conditions in which the last few decades have brought such a major change in the landscape of treatments as is the case of multiple sclerosis (MS). A number of disease modifying treatments (DMTs) are presently available for the treatment... View more
1. Federation MSI. Atlas of MS 2013: Mapping Multiple Sclerosis Around the World. (Ed.^(Eds) (London, 2013)
2. Compston A, Coles A. Multiple sclerosis. Lancet, 372(9648), 1502-1517 (2008).
3. Lublin FD, Reingold SC, Cohen JA et al. Defining the clinical course of multiple sclerosis: the 2013 revisions. Neurology, 83(3), 278-286 (2014).
4. Tanasescu R, Ionete C, Chou IJ, Constantinescu CS. Advances in the treatment of relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis. Biomed J, 37(2), 41-49 (2014).
5. Thomas RH, Wakefield RA. Oral disease-modifying therapies for relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Am J Health Syst Pharm, 72(1), 25-38 (2015).
6. Ali R, Nicholas RS, Muraro PA. Drugs in development for relapsing multiple sclerosis. Drugs, 73(7), 625-650 (2013).
7. Boster AL, Ford CC, Neudorfer O, Gilgun-Sherki Y. Glatiramer acetate: long-term safety and efficacy in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Expert Rev Neurother, 15(6), 575-586 (2015).
8. Johnson KP, Brooks BR, Cohen JA et al. Copolymer 1 reduces relapse rate and improves disability in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis: results of a phase III multicenter, doubleblind, placebo-controlled trial. 1995. Neurology, 57(12 Suppl 5), S16-24 (2001).
9. Lugaresi A, di Ioia M, Travaglini D, Pietrolongo E, Pucci E, Onofrj M. Risk-benefit considerations in the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat, 9, 893- 914 (2013).
10. Palace J, Duddy M, Bregenzer T et al. Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of interferon beta and glatiramer acetate in the UK Multiple Sclerosis Risk Sharing Scheme at 6 years: a clinical cohort study with natural history comparator. Lancet Neurol, 14(5), 497-505 (2015).