Subject: Editorial | International Society for Extracellular Vesicles | Coursera | Cytology | extracellular vesicles | education | exosomes | massive open online course | Exosomes; Microvesicles; Extracellular Vesicles; Education; Massive Open Online Course; MOOC; ISEV; International Society for Extracellular Vesicles; Coursera | QH573-671 | microvesicles
The International Society for Extracellular Vesicles (ISEV) has organised its first educational online course for students and beginners in the field of extracellular vesicles (EVs). This course, “Basics of Extracellular Vesicles,” uses recorded lectures from experts in... View more
1. Chargaff E, West R. The biological significance of the thromboplastic protein of blood. J Biol Chem. 1946;166:189 97.
2. Wolf P. The nature and significance of platelet products in human plasma. Br J Haematol. 1967;13:269 88.
3. Pan BT, Johnstone RM. Fate of the transferrin receptor during maturation of sheep reticulocytes in vitro: selective externalization of the receptor. Cell. 1983;33:967 78.
4. Harding C, Heuser J, Stahl P. Receptor-mediated endocytosis of transferrin and recycling of the transferrin receptor in rat reticulocytes. J Cell Biol. 1983;97:329 39.
5. Benz EW Jr., Moses HL. Small, virus-like particles detected in bovine sera by electron microscopy. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1974; 52:1931 4.
6. Ronquist G, Brody I, Gottfries A, Stegmayr B. An Mg2 and Ca2 -stimulated adenosine triphosphatase in human prostatic fluid: part I. Andrologia. 1978;10:261 72.
7. Ronquist G, Brody I, Gottfries A, Stegmayr B. An Mg2 and Ca2 -stimulated adenosine triphosphatase in human prostatic fluid: part II. Andrologia. 1978;10:427 33.
8. Johnstone RM, Adam M, Hammond JR, Orr L, Turbide C. Vesicle formation during reticulocyte maturation. Association of plasma membrane activities with released vesicles (exosomes). J Biol Chem. 1987;262:9412 20.
9. La¨sser C. Exosomal RNA as biomarkers and the therapeutic potential of exosome vectors. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2012; 12(Suppl 1):S189 97.
10. Mulcahy LA, Pink RC, Carter DR. Routes and mechanisms of extracellular vesicle uptake. J Extracell Vesicles. 2014;3:24641, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/jev.v3.24641