Subject: Microbiology | QR1-502 | Virus Adaptation and Treatment
U Shankarkumar,&nbsp;A Pawar,&nbsp;K GhoshNational Institute of Immunohaematology (ICMR), KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra, IndiaAbstract: A regimen with varied side effects and compliance is of paramount importance to prevent viral drug resistance. Most... View more
1. AIDS epidemic update. Oct, 2008. [Cited on Jan 10, 2009]. Available from: http://www.who.int/globalatlas/predefinedReports/EFS2008/full/ EFS2008_IN.pdf.
2. Kumarasamy N, Solomon S, Chaguturu SK, et al. The safety, tolerability and effectiveness of generic antiretroviral drug regimens for HIV- infected patients in South India. AIDS. 2003;17:2267-2269.
3. Palella FJ Jr, Delaney KM, Moorman AC, et al. Declining morbidality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection, HIV out patient study Investigators. N Eng J Med. 1998;338: 853-860.
4. Robertson DL, Anderson JP, Bradac JA, et al. HIV-1 Nomenclature proposal. Science. 2000;288:55-56.
5. Lole KS, Bollinger RC, Paranjapae RS, et al. Full-length human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genomes from subtype C infected seroconverters in India, with evidence of intersubtype recombination. J Virol. 1999;73:152-160.
6. Tripathy SP, Kulkarnai SS, Jadhav SD, et al. Subtype B and subtype C HIV type 1 recombination in the northeastern state of Manipur India. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2005;21:152-157.
7. Weidle PJ, Malamba S, Mwebaze R, et al. Assesment of a pilot antiretroviral drug therapy programme in Uganda patients' response survival an drug resistance. Lancet. 2002;360:34-40.
8. Ariyoshi K, Matsuda M, Miura H, Tateishi S, Yamada K, Sugura W. Pattenrns of point mutations associated with antiretroviral drug treatment failure in CRF01 Ae (subtype E) infection differ ffrom subtype B infection. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2003;33:336-342.
9. Brenner B, Routy JP, Quan Y, et al. Persistance of multidrug resistance HIV-1 in primary infection leading to super infection. AIDS. 2004;18:1653-1660.
10. Little SJ, Holte S, Routy JP, et al. Antiretroviral drug resistance among patients recently infected with HIV. N Eng J Med. 2002;347:385-394.