Subject: cesspools | reuse | wastewater | Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes | water sustainability | TC1-978 | Hydraulic engineering | water supply | rural community | grey water | irrigation | TD201-500 | Jordan
Installation of decentralized grey water treatment systems in small rural communities contributes to a more sustainable water supply. In order to gauge community attitudes about collection and use of grey water, a door-to-door survey in the farming community of Deir All... View more
FAO. Coping with Water Scarcity. Challenge of the Twenty-First Century UN-Water; Food and Agriculture Organization: Rome, Italy, 2007.
National Master Water Plan (NWMP). National Master Water Plan Water Resources in Jordan; Water and Irrigation Ministry: Amman, Jordan, 2004; Volume 3.
USAID Economic Development Program. Responding to the Water Crisis in Jordan; USAID: Amman, Jordan, 2005.
National Research Council. Water for the Future: The West Bank and Gaza Strip, Israel, and Jordan; The National Academies Press: Washington, DC, USA, 1999.
Salamah, E. Water Quality Degradation in Jordan (Impacts on Environment, Economy and Future Generation Resources); FES and RSCN: Amman, Jordan, 1995; pp. 1-179.
6. Redwood, M. Greywater irrigation: Challenges and opportunities. In CAB Reviews: Perspectives in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Natural Resources; CAB International: London, UK, 2008; No. 063.
7. Eriksson, E.; Auffarth, K.; Henze, M.; Ledin, A. Characteristics of grey wastewater. Urban Water 2002, 4, 85-104.
8. Burnat, J.; Eshtayah, I. On-site greywater treatment in Qebia Village, Palestine. In Greywater Use in the Middle East; McIlwaine, S., Redwood, M., Eds.; IDRC: Ottawa, Canada, 2010. Available Online: http://web.idrc.ca/en/ev-152492-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html (accessed on 31 March 2012).
9. Faruqui, N.; Al-Jayyousi, O. Greywater reuse in urban agriculture for poverty alleviation-A case study in Jordan. Water Intern. 2002, 27, 387-394.
10. Otterpohl, R. Options for alternative types of sewerage and treatment systems directed to improvement of the overall performance. Water Sci. Tech. 2002, 45, 149-158.