Background Many fungal species occur across a variety of habitats. Particularly lichens, fungi forming symbioses with photosynthetic partners, have evolved remarkable tolerances for environmental extremes. Despite their ecological importance and ubiquity, little is know... View more
1. Gladieux P, Ropars J, Badouin H, Branca A, Aguileta G, de Vienne DM, et al. Fungal evolutionary genomics provides insight into the mechanisms of adaptive divergence in eukaryotes. Mol Ecol. 2014;23:753-73.
2. Savolainen O. The genomic basis of local climatic adaptation. Science. 2011; 334:49-50.
3. Pauls SU, Nowak C, Bálint M, Pfenninger M. The impact of global climate change on genetic diversity within populations and species. Mol Ecol. 2013; 22:925-46.
4. Mboup M, Bahri B, Leconte M, De Vallavieille-Pope C, Kaltz O, Enjalbert J. Genetic structure and local adaptation of European wheat yellow rust populations: The role of temperature-specific adaptation. Evol Appl. 2012;5:341-52.
5. Ellison C, Hall C, Kowbel D. Population genomics and local adaptation in wild isolates of a model microbial eukaryote. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2831-6.
6. Branco S, Gladieux P, Ellison CE, Kuo A, LaButti K, Lipzen A, et al. Genetic isolation between two recently diverged populations of a symbiotic fungus. Mol Ecol. 2015;24:2747-58.
7. Dettman JR, Sirjusingh C, Kohn LM, Anderson JB. Incipient speciation by divergent adaptation and antagonistic epistasis in yeast. Nature. 2007;447:585-8.
8. Nosil P. Divergent host plant adaptation and reproductive isolation between ecotypes of Timema cristinae walking sticks. Amer Nat. 2007;169:151-62.
9. Dettman JR, Anderson JB, Kohn LM. Divergent adaptation promotes reproductive isolation among experimental populations of the filamentous fungus Neurospora. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:35.
10. Honegger R. The Lichen Symbiosis-What is so Spectacular about it? Lichenol. 1998;30:193-212.