Subject: Serial analysis | Methods of analysis | Methods of analysis; Long time series; Serial analysis | Review | Biology (General) | Long time series | QH301-705.5
When one is faced with the analysis of long time series, one often finds that the characteristics of circadian rhythms vary with time throughout the series. To cope with this situation, the whole series can be fragmented into successive sections which are analyzed one a... View more
1. Refinetti R, Cornelissen G, Halberg F: Procedures for numerical analysis of circadian rhythms. Biol Rhythm Res 2007, 38:275-325.
2. Richter CP: Inherent twenty-four hour and lunar clocks of a primate, the squirrel monkey. Comm Behav Biol 1968, 1:305-332.
3. Richter CP: Heavy water as a tool for study of the forcas that control length of period of 24-hour clock of the hamster. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1977, 74:1295-1299.
4. Arbogast B, Lubanovic W, Halberg F, Cornélissen G, Bingham C: Chronobiologic serial sections of several orders. Chronobiologia 1983, 10:59-69.
5. Halberg F, Engeli M, Hamburger C, Hillman D: Spectral resolution of lowfrequency, small-amplitude rhythms in excreted 17- ketosteroid: probable androgen induced circaseptan desychronization. Acta Endocrionl (Copenh) 1965, 103(supl):5-54.
6. Helfrich-Förster C: Differential Control of morning and evening components in the activity rhythm of drosophila melanogaster-Sexspecific differences suggest a different quality of activity. J Biol Rhythms 2000, 15:135-154.
7. Sidak Z: Rectangular confidence regions for the means of multivariate normal distributions. J American Statistical Association 1967, 62:626-633.
8. Bonferroni EC: Teoria statistica delle classi e calcolo delle probabilità. Pubblicazioni del R Istituto Superiore di Scienze Economiche e Commerciali di Firenze 1936, 8:3-62.
9. Pittendrigh CS, Daan S: A functional analysis of circadian pacemakers in nocturnal rodents. I: the stability and lability of spontaneous frequency. J Comp Physiol A 1976, 106:223-252.
10. DeCoursey PJ, Plus S, Sandlin C, Wethey D, Schull J: Relationsgip of circadian temperature and activity rhythms in two rodent species. Physiol Behav 1998, 65:457-463.