Subject: RC952-1245 | Health(social science) | Medical emergencies. Critical care. Intensive care. First aid | RC86-88.9 | Research | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health | Special situations and conditions
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Since 1986, northern Uganda has been severely affected by civil strife with most of its population currently living internally displaced in protected camps. This study aims at estimating the HIV-1 prevalence among this population and... View more
1. STD/AIDS Control Programme: STD/HIV/AIDS surveillance report - June 2003 Kampala, Uganda: Ministry of Health; 2003.
2. Accorsi S, Fabiani M, Lukwiya M, et al.: Impact of insecurity, the AIDS epidemic, and poverty on population health: disease patterns and trends in northern Uganda. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2001, 64:214-221.
3. Accorsi S, Fabiani M, Nattabi B, et al.: The disease profile of poverty: morbidity and mortality in northern Uganda in the context of war, population displacement and HIV/AIDS. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 2005, 99:226-233.
4. Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS): The 2002 Uganda Population and Housing census [http://www.ubos.org/]. Accessed: 18 March 2006.
6. UNAIDS/WHO: Guidelines for Second Generation HIV Surveillance Geneva: UNAIDS/WHO.
7. Victora CG, Huttly SR, Fuchs SC, Olinto MTA: The role of conceptual frameworks in epidemiological analysis: a hierarchical approach. Int J Epidemiol 1997, 26:224-227.
8. Fabiani M, Accorsi S, Lukwiya M, et al.: Trend in HIV-1 prevalence in an antenatal clinic in North Uganda and adjusted rates for the general female population. AIDS 2001, 15:97-103.
9. Fabiani M, Nattabi B, Opio AA, et al.: A high prevalence of HIV-1 infection among pregnant women living in a rural district of North Uganda severely affected by civil strife. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 2006, 100:586-593.
10. Crampin AC, Glynn JR, Ngwira BM, et al.: Trend and measurement of HIV prevalence in northern Malawi. AIDS 2003, 17:1817-1825.