Subject: gaming | smartphone addiction | addiction | Medicine | recommendations | R | microblogging | Review | dating | FOMO | nomophobia | social media | social networking sites
Online social networking sites (SNSs) have gained increasing popularity in the last decade, with individuals engaging in SNSs to connect with others who share similar interests. The perceived need to be online may result in compulsive use of SNSs, which in extreme cases... View more
Milgram, S. The small world problem. Psychol. Today 1967, 2, 60-67.
3. Kuss, D.J.; Griffiths, M.D. Online social networking and addiction-A review of the psychological literature. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2011, 8, 3528-3552. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
4. Statista Facts on Social Networks. Available online: https://www.statista.com/topics/1164/socialnetworks/ (accessed on 13 January 2017).
5. Statista. Most Famous Social Network Sites Worldwide as of September 2016, Ranked by Number of Active Users. Available online: https://www.statista.com/statistics/272014/global-social-networks-ranked-bynumber-of-users/ (accessed on 13 January 2017).
6. Statista. Average Numbers of Hours Per Day Spent by Social Media Users on all Social Media Channels as of 4th Quarter 2015, by Country. Available online: https://www.statista.com/statistics/270229/usageduration-of-social-networks-by-country/ (accessed on 13 January 2017).
7. Turkle, S. Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in A Digital Age; Penguin: New York, NY, USA, 2015.
8. Turkle, S. Alone Together. Why We Expect more from Technology and Less from Each Other; Basic Books: Philadelphia, PA, USA, 2013.
9. Kaplan, A.M.; Haenlein, M. Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media. Bus. Horiz. 2010, 53, 59-68. [CrossRef]
10. Lévy, P. Collective Intelligence: Mankind's Emerging World in Cyberspace; Perseus: Cambridge, MA, USA, 1997.