Subject: distributed optimization | distribution system | Technology | active power curtailment | T | active power curtailment; distributed optimization; distribution system;locational marginal pricing; reactive voltage control; real-time pricing | locational marginal pricing | reactive voltage control | real-time pricing
In this paper, a locational marginal pricing algorithm is proposed to control the voltage in unbalanced distribution grids. The increasing amount of photovoltaic (PV) generation installed in the grid may cause the voltage to rise to unacceptable levels during periods of... View more
1. Tonkoski, R.; Lopes, L.; El-Fouly, T. Coordinated active power curtailment of grid connected PV inverters for overvoltage prevention. IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy 2011, 2, 139-147.
2. Ueda, Y.; Kurokawa, K.; Tanabe, T.; Kitamura, K.; Sugihara, H. Analysis results of output power Loss due to the grid voltage rise in grid-connected photovoltaic power generation systems. IEEE Trans. Ind. 2008, 55, 2744-2751.
3. Turitsyn, K.; Sulc, P.; Backhaus, S.; Chertkov, M. Options for control of reactive power by distributed photovoltaic generators. Proc. IEEE 2011, 6, 1063-1073.
4. Weckx, S.; Gonzalez, C.; Driesen, J. Combined central and local active and reactive power control of PV inverters. IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy 2014, 5, 776-784.
5. Jenicek, D.; Inam, W.; Ilic, M. Locational dependence of maximum installable PV capacity in LV networks while maintaining voltage limits. In Proceedings of the North American Power Symposium (NAPS), Boston, MA, USA, 4-6 August 2011.
6. Demirok, E.; Casado Gonzalez, P.; Frederiksen, K.H.B.; Sera, D.; Rodriguez, P.; Teodorescu, R. Local reactive power control methods for overvoltage prevention of distributed solar inverters in low-voltage grids. IEEE J. Photovolt. 2011, 1, 174-182.
7. Weckx, S.; D'Hulst, R.; Driesen, J. Multiagent charging of electric vehicles respecting distribution transformer loading and voltage limits. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 2014, 5, 2857-2867.
8. Barbato, A.; Capone, A. Optimization models and methods for demand-side management of residential users: A survey. Energies 2014, 7, 5787-5824.
9. Samadi, P.; Mohsenian-Rad, A.; Schober, R.; Wong, V.; Jatskevich, J. Optimal real-time pricing algorithm based on utility maximization for smart grid. In Proceedings of the 2010 First IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 4-6 October 2010; pp. 415-420.
10. Hassan, N.U.; Pasha, M.A.; Yuen, C.; Huang, S.; Wang, X. Impact of scheduling flexibility on demand profile flatness and user inconvenience in residential smart grid system. Energies 2013, 6, 6608-6635.