PURPOSE: The longitudinal relaxation rate (R1 ) measured in vivo depends on the local microstructural properties of the tissue, such as macromolecular, iron, and water content. Here, we use whole brain multiparametric in vivo data and a general linear relaxometry model ... View more
1. Fatouros PP, Marmarou A. Use of magnetic resonance imaging for in vivo measurements of water content in human brain: method and normal values. J Neurosurg 1999;90:109-115.
2. Fatouros PP, Marmarou A, Kraft KA, Inao S, Schwarz FP. In vivo brain water determination by T1 measurements: effect of total water content, hydration fraction, and field strength. Magn Reson Med 1991;17:402-413.
3. Kaneoke Y, Furuse M, Inao S, Saso K, Yoshida K, Motegi Y, Mizuno M, Izawa A. Spin-lattice relaxation times of bound water-its determination and implications for tissue discrimination. Magn Reson Imaging 1987;5:415-420.
4. Shuter B, Wang SC, Roche J, Briggs G, Pope JM. Relaxivity of GdEOB-DTPA in the normal and biliary obstructed guinea pig. J Magn Reson Imaging 1998;8:853-861.
5. Donahue KM, Burstein D, Manning WJ, Gray ML. Studies of GdDTPA relaxivity and proton exchange rates in tissue. Magn Reson Med 1994;32:66-76.
6. Kamman RL, Go KG, Brouwer W, Berendsen HJ. Nuclear magnetic resonance relaxation in experimental brain edema: effects of water concentration, protein concentration, and temperature. Magn Reson Med 1988;6:265-274.
7. Fullerton GD, Potter JL, Dornbluth NC. NMR relaxation of protons in tissues and other macromolecular water solutions. Magn Reson Imaging 1982;1:209-226.
8. Gelman N, Ewing JR, Gorell JM, Spickler EM, Solomon EG. Interregional variation of longitudinal relaxation rates in human brain at 3.0 T: relation to estimated iron and water contents. Magn Reson Med 2001;45:71-79.
9. Wolff SD, Balaban RS. Magnetization transfer contrast (MTC) and tissue water proton relaxation in vivo. Magn Reson Med 1989;10: 135-144.
10. Helms G, Dathe H, Kallenberg K, Dechent P. High-resolution maps of magnetization transfer with inherent correction for RF inhomogeneity and T1 relaxation obtained from 3D FLASH MRI. Magn Reson Med 2008;60:1396-1407.