Subject: parent | mental and behavioral health | RJ1-570 | Review | Pediatrics | Adolescent Health, Medicine and Therapeutics | intervention
Emily S Kuhn, Robert D Laird Department of Psychology, University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, USA Abstract: Family support programs aim to improve parent wellbeing and parenting as well as adolescent mental and behavioral health by addressing the needs of parents ... View more
1. Johnson MH, George P, Armstrong MI, et al. Behavioral management for children and adolescents: assessing the evidence. Psychiatr Serv. 2014;65(5):580-590.
2. Hoagwood K, Cavaleri M, Serene Olin S, et al. Family support in children's mental health: a review and synthesis. Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev. 2010;13(1):1-45.
3. Cavaleri MA, Serene OS, Kim A, Hoagwood KE, Burns BJ. Family support in prevention programs for children at risk for emotional/behavioral problems. Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev. 2011;14(4):399-412.
4. Houtrow AJ, Okumura MJ. Pediatric mental health problems and associated burden on families. Vulnerable Child Youth Stud. 2011;6:222-233.
5. Glied S, Pine DS. Consequences and correlates of adolescent depression. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002;156:1009-1014.
6. Glatz T, Stattin H. Exploring parents' experiences and reactions to adolescents' hyperactivity, impulsivity, and attention problems. J Marriage Fam. 2013;75(4):1030-1043.
7. Rengasamy M, Mansoor BM, Hilton R, et al. The bi-directional relationship between parent-child conflict and treatment outcome in treatment-resistant adolescent depression. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2013;52:370-377.
8. Wilkinson PO, Harris C, Kelvin R, Dubicka B, Goodyer IM. Associations between adolescent depression and parental mental health, before and after treatment of adolescent depression. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2013;22:3-11.
9. Schuck K, Otten R, Engels RCME, Barker ED, Kleinjan M. Bidirectional influences between parents and children in smoking behavior: a longi - tudinal full-family model. Nicotine Tob Res. 2013;15:44-51.
10. Bronfenbrenner U, Morris PA. The bioecological model of human development. In: Damon W, Lerner RM, editors. Handbook of Child Psychology, Vol. 1: Theoretical Models of Human Development. 6th ed. New York, NY: Wiley; 2006:793-828.