Meagan B MacKenzie,1 Nancy L Kocovski21Department of Psychology, Ryerson University, Toronto, ON, Canada; 2Department of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON,&nbsp;CanadaAbstract: Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) was developed as a psycholo... View more
1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 5th ed. Washington: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2013.
2. Üstün TB, Ayuso-Mateos JL, Chatterji S, Mathers C, Murray CJ. Global burden of depressive disorders in the year 2000. Br J Psychiatry. 2004;184:386-392.
3. Keller MB, Klerman GL, Lavori PW, Coryell W, Endicott J, Taylor J. Long-term outcome of episodes of major depression: clinical and public health significance. JAMA. 1984;252:788-792.
4. Kupfer DJ, Frank E, Wamhoff J. Mood disorders: update on prevention of recurrence. In: Mundt C, Goldstein MJ, Hahlweg K, Fiedler P, editors. Interpersonal Factors in the Origin and Course of Affective Disorders. London: Royal College of Psychiatrists; 1996:289-302.
5. Segal ZV, Williams JM, Teasdale JD. Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression. New York: Guilford Press; 2012.
6. Williams JM, Russell I, Russell D. Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy: further issues in current evidence and future research. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2008;76:524-529.
7. Kabat-Zinn J. Mindfulness-based interventions in context: past, present, and future. Clin Psychol Sci Pract. 2003;10:144-156.
8. Kabat-Zinn J. WhereverYou Go, ThereYou Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life. New York: Hyperion; 1994.
9. Teasdale JD, Segal ZV, Williams JM, RidgewayVA, Soulsby JM, Lau MA. Prevention of relapse/recurrence in major depression by mindfulnessbased cognitive therapy. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2000;68:615-623.
10. Kuyken W, Byford S, Taylor RS, et al. Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy to prevent relapse in recurrent depression. J Consult Clin Psychol. 2008;76:966-978.