Furfural is a key bioderived platform chemical whose reactivity under hydrogen atmospheres affords diverse chemical intermediates. Here, temperature-programmed reaction spectrometry and complementary scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) are employed to investigate furfur... View more
(1) Yan, K.; Wu, G.; Lafleur, T.; Jarvis, C. Production, properties and catalytic hydrogenation of furfural to fuel additives and value-added chemicals. Renewable Sustainable Energy Rev. 2014, 38, 663−676.
(2) Mandalika, A.; Qin, L.; Sato, T. K.; Runge, T. Integrated biorefinery model based on production of furans using open-ended high yield processes. Green Chem. 2014, 16, 2480−2489.
(3) Gallezot, P. Conversion of biomass to selected chemical products.
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2012, 41, 1538−1558.
(4) Climent, M. J.; Corma, A.; Iborra, S. Conversion of biomass platform molecules into fuel additives and liquid hydrocarbon fuels.
Green Chem. 2014, 16, 516−547.
(5) Elliott, D. C.; Hart, T. R. Catalytic hydroprocessing of chemical models for bio-oil. Energy Fuels 2009, 23, 631−637.
(6) Besson, M.; Gallezot, P.; Pinel, C. Conversion of biomass into chemicals over metal Catalysts. Chem. Rev. 2014, 114, 1827−1870.
(7) Sharma, R. V.; Das, U.; Sammynaiken, R.; Dalai, A. K. Liquid phase chemo-selective catalytic hydrogenation of furfural to furfuryl alcohol. Appl. Catal., A 2013, 454, 127−136.
(8) Nakagawa, Y.; Tomishige, K. Production of 1,5-pentanediol from biomass via furfural and tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol. Catal. Today 2012, 195, 136−143.