Subject: TJ807-830 | assessment framework | TD194-195 | Renewable energy sources | sustainability assessment | palm oil production | GE1-350 | Environmental sciences | Environmental effects of industries and plants
Palm oil based biodiesel offers an alternative energy source that can reduce current dependence on conventional fossil fuels and may reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions depending on the type of feedstock and processes used. In the Malaysian context, the palm oil indus... View more
Ong, S.H.A. The Global Palm Oil Phenomenon. The Star Online, 14 May 2012. Available online: http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2012/05/14/the-global-palm-oil-phenomenon/? style=biz (accessed on 15 August 2012).
2. Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PEMANDU). Economic Transformantion Programme Annual Report 2011; Prime Minister's Department, Malaysian Government: Putrajaya, Malaysia, 2012.
3. Norwana, A.; Kunjappan, R.; Chin, M.; Schoneveld, G.; Potter, L.; Andriani, R. The Local Impacts of Oil Palm Expansion in Malaysia-An Assessment Based on A Case Study in Sabah State; Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR): Bogor, Indonesia, 2011.
4. Datamonitor. Palm Oil Case Study: How Consumer Activism Led the Push for Sustainable Sourcing; Datamonitor: London, UK, 2010.
5. Palm Oil Consumer Action. Sustainable Palm Oil Our Definition. Available online: http://www.palmoilconsumers.com/ sustainable-palm-oil.html (accessed on 1 September 2015).
6. Bateman, I.J.; Fisher, B.; Fitzherbert, E.; Glew, D.; Naidoo, R. Tigers, markets and palm oil: Market potential for conservation. Oryx 2010, 44, 230-234. [CrossRef]
7. Lim, C.I.; Biswas, W.; Samyudia, Y. Review of existing sustainability assessment methods for malaysian palm oil production. Procedia CIRP 2015, 26, 13-18. [CrossRef]
8. Brundtland, G.H. Our Common Future; World Commission on Environment and Development (WCED): Oxford, UK, 1987.
9. Diesendorf, M. Sustainability and sustainable development. In Sustainability: The Corporate Challenge of the 21st Century; Dunphy, D., Benveniste, J., Griffiths, A., Sutton, P., Eds.; Allen & Unwin: Sydney, Australia, 2000; pp. 19-37.
10. Tan, Y.; Muhammad, H.; Hashim, Z.; Subramaniam, V.; Puah, C.; Chong, C.; Ma, A.; Choo, Y. Life cycle assessment of refined palm oil production and fractionation (part 4). J. Oil Palm Res. 2010, 22, 913-926.