Subject: Synthetic pyrethroid | Metofluthrin | Aedes aegypti | Infectious Diseases | Control | Dengue | Research | Parasitology
Background Dengue control methods are reliant upon control of the vector, primarily Aedes aegypti. Current adulticiding methods in North Queensland include treating premises with residual synthetic pyrethroid insecticides (interior residual spraying; IRS), a laborious, ... View more
1. Lucas JR, Shono Y, Iwasaki T, Ishiwatari T, Spero N, Benzon G: US laboratory and field trials of metofluthrin (SumiOne (R)) emanators for reducing mosquito biting outdoors. J Am Mosq Contr Assoc 2007, 23(1):47-54.
2. Kawada H, Iwasaki T, Loan LL, Tien TK, Mai NTN, Shono Y, Katayama Y, Takagi M: Field evaluation of spatial repellency of metofluthrinimpregnated latticework plastic strips against Aedes aegypti (L.) and analysis of environmental factors affecting its efficacy in My Tho City, Tien Giang, Vietnam. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2006, 75(6):1153-1157.
3. Rapley LP, Russell RC, Montgomery BL, Ritchie SA: The effects of sustained release metofluthrin on the biting, movement, and mortality of Aedes aegypti in a domestic setting. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2009, 81(1):94-99.
4. Achee N, Masuoka P, Smith P, Martin N, Chareonviryiphap T, Polsomboon S, Hendarto J, Grieco J: Identifying the effective concentration for spatial repellency of the dengue vector Aedes aegypti. Parasit Vectors 2012, 5:300.
5. Kawada H, Maekawa Y, Takagi M: Field trial on the spatial repellency of metofluthrin-impregnated plastic strips for mosquitoes in shelters without walls (beruga) in Lombok, Indonesia. J Vector Ecol 2005, 30:181-185.
6. Kawada H, Maekawa Y, Tsuda Y, Takagi M: Laboratory and field evaluation of spatial repellency with metofluthrin-impregnated paper strip against mosquitoes in Lombok Island, Indonesia. J Am Mosq Contr Assoc 2004, 20:292-298.
7. Kawada H, Maekawa Y, Tsuda Y, Takagi M: Trial of spatial repellency of metofluthrin-impregnated paper strip against Anopheles and Culex in shelters without walls in Lombok, Indonesia. J Am Mosq Contr Assoc 2004, 20(4):434-437.
8. Kawada H, Temu EA, Minjas JN, Matsumoto O, Iwasaki T, Tagaki M: Field evaluation of spatial repellency of metofluthrin impregnated plastic strips against Anopheles gambaie complex in Bagamoyo, Coastal Tanzania. J Am Mosq Contr Assoc 2008, 24(3):404-409.
9. Matsuo N, Ujihara K, Shono Y, Iwasaki T, Sugano M, Yoshiyama T, Uwagawa S: Discovery and development of a novel pyrethroid insecticide 'Metofluthrin (SumiOne®,Eminence®)'. In Sumitomo Kagaku; 2005:1-15. vol. 2005 II.
10. Moore SJ, Davies CR, Hill N, Cameron MM: Are mosquitoes diverted from repellent-using individuals to non-users? Results of a field study in Bolivia. Trop Med Int Health 2007, 12(4):532-539.