Subject: T-cell receptor excision circle | RC109-216 | Review | Clinical Epidemiology | primary immunodeficiency | Infectious and parasitic diseases | severe combined immunodeficiency | newborn screening
mesheuropmc: macromolecular substances
Brian T Kelly,1 Jonathan S Tam,1 James W Verbsky,1,2 John M Routes1,2 1Department of Pediatrics, 2Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA Abstract: Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) is a rare disease tha... View more
1. Bonilla FA, Bernstein IL, Khan DA, et al; American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology; Joint Council of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Practice parameter for the diagnosis and management of primary immunodeficiency. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2005;94(5 Suppl 1): S1-S63.
2. Brown L, Xu-Bayford J, Allwood Z, et al. Neonatal diagnosis of severe combined immunodeficiency leads to significantly improved survival outcome: the case for newborn screening. Blood. 2011;117(11): 3243-3246.
3. Buckley RH. Molecular defects in human severe combined immunodeifciency and approaches to immune reconstitution. Annu Rev Immunol. 2004;22:625-655.
4. Myers LA, Patel DD, Puck JM, Buckley RH. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for severe combined immunodeficiency in the neonatal period leads to superior thymic output and improved survival. Blood. 2002;99(3):872-878.
5. Buckley RH, Schiff RI, Schiff SE, et al. Human severe combined immunodecfiiency: genetic, phenotypic, and functional diversity in one hundred eight infants. J Pediatr. 1997;130(3):378-387.
6. Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disorder . Secretary's Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children; 2011. Available from: http://www.hrsa.gov/advisorycommittees/mchbadvisory/heritabledisorders/recommendations/correspondence/combinedimmunodeficiency.pd f. Accessed April 3, 2013.
7. Verbsky J, Thakar M, Routes J. The Wisconsin approach to newborn screening for severe combined immunodeficiency. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;129(3):622-627.
8. Chase NM, Verbsky JW, Routes JM. Newborn screening for SCID: three years of experience. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2011;1238:99-105.
9. Stephan JL, Vlekova V, Le Deist F, et al. Severe combined immunodecfiiency: a retrospective single-center study of clinical presen - tation and outcome in 117 patients. J Pediatr. 1993;123(4):564-572.
10. Leiva LE, Zelazco M, Oleastro M, et al; Latin American Group for Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases. Primary immunodeficiency diseases in Latin America: the second report of the LAGID registry. J Clin Immunol. 2007;27(1):101-108.