Angela Sun, J Lawrence Merritt II Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA Abstract: Fatty acid oxidation disorders are inborn errors of metabolism resulting in failure of &szlig;-oxidation within or transport of fatty acids into the mit... View more
1. Rinaldo P, Matern D, Bennett MJ. Fatty acid oxidation disorders. Annu Rev Physiol. 2002;64:477-502.
2. Bonnet D, Martin D, de Lonlay P, et al. Arrhythmias and conduction defects as presenting symptoms of fatty acid oxidation disorders in children. Circulation. 1999;100(22):2248-2253.
3. Baruteau J, Sachs P, Broué P, et al. Clinical and biological features at diagnosis in mitochondrial fatty acid beta-oxidation defects: a French pediatric study of 187 patients. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2013;36(5): 795-803.
4. Baruteau J, Sachs P, Broué P, et al. Clinical and biological features at diagnosis in mitochondrial fatty acid beta-oxidation defects: a French pediatric study from 187 patients. Complementary data. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2014;37(1):137-139.
5. Zytkovicz TH, Fitzgerald EF, Marsden D, et al. Tandem mass spectrometric analysis for amino, organic, and fatty acid disorders in newborn dried blood spots: a two-year summary from the New England Newborn Screening Program. Clin Chem. 2001;47(11):1945-1955.
6. Wilcken B, Wiley V, Hammond J, Carpenter K. Screening newborns for inborn errors of metabolism by tandem mass spectrometry. N Engl J Med. 2003;348(23):2304-2312.
7. Chace DH, Kalas TA, Naylor EW. The application of tandem mass spectrometry to neonatal screening for inherited disorders of intermediary metabolism. Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet. 2002;3:17-45.
8. Spiekerkoetter U, Tenenbaum T, Heusch A, Wendel U. Cardiomyopathy and pericardial effusion in infancy point to a fatty acid b-oxidation defect after exclusion of an underlying infection. Pediatr Cardiol. 2003;24(3):295-297.
9. Vianey-Saban C, Divry P, Brivet M, et al. Mitochondrial very-longchain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase decfiiency: clinical characteris - tics and diagnostic considerations in 30 patients. Clin Chim Acta. 1998; 269(1):43-62.
10. Hoffman JD, Steiner RD, Paradise L, et al. Rhabdomyolysis in the military: recognizing late-onset very long-chain acyl Co-A dehydrogenase deficiency. Mil Med. 2006;171(7):657-658.