Much has been written on the learning needs of dyslexic and dyscalculic students in primary and early secondary education. However, it is not clear that the necessary disability support staff and specialist literature are available to ensure that these needs are being ... View more
1. Perkin G, Croft T. The dyslexic student and mathematics in higher education. Dyslexia 2007; 13:193-210.
2. Rosebraugh CJ. Learning disabilities and medical schools. Med Educ. 2003; 34:994-1000.
3. Beacham N, Trott C. Screening for dyscalculia within HE. MSOR Connections. 2005;5(1):1-4
4. Beacham N, Trott C. Widening the use of DyscalculiUM: a first-line screening test for dyscal - culia in higher education. MSOR Connections. 2006;6(1):1-3.
5. Trott C, Beacham N. Wider use of DyscalculiUM. MSOR Connections. 2006;6(2):1-8.
6. Action on Access. Admissions statistics [Internet]. Lancaster, England: Edge Hill University; c2008 [updated 2006 May 4; cited 2008 Aug 21]. Available from: http://www.actiononaccess.org/ Teaching Today: How to Article [Internet]. Columbus (OH): McGraw Hill Education; [cited 2008 Aug 18]. Helping dyslexic students succeed. Columbus, USA: McGraw-Hill Education; Available from: http://teachingtoday.glencoe. com/howtoarticles/helping-dyslexic-studentssucceed (Archived by WebCite® at: http://www. webcitation.org/5aAQoTfFr)
13. Preston M, Hayes J, Randall M. Four times harder: six case studies of students with dyslexia in higher education. Birmingham, England: Questions Publishing Company; 1996.
14. Sharma M, Brazil P. Dyscalculia. Berkshire Mathematics [Internet]. Framinham (MA): Center for Teaching/Learning Mathematics; c1997 [cited 2008 Aug 15]. Available from: http:// www.dyscalculia.org/BerkshireMath.html (Archived by WebCite® at: http://www.webcitation. org/5a5tLlpxE) 15.
Newman RM. Dyscalculia resources: books & manipulatives [Internet]. Dearborn (MI): Dyscalculia.org; c2005 [cited 2008 Aug 15]. Available from: http://www.dyscalculia.org/ MathRes.html (Archived by WebCite® at: http:// webcitation.org/5a5uElujk) Armitage P. Purposes, methods, philosophies. Significance. 2004;1(4):170-3.
19. Finkelstein V. Revolution! New Internationalist. 1992 Jul; (233):26-8.