<p>Due to their physicochemical and biological properties, silver nanoparticles (NanoAg) have a wide range of applications. In the present study, their roles as a carrier of nutrients and an immunomodulator were tested in chicken embryos. Cysteine (Cys)+NanoAg injected ... View more
1. Losch, U.; Schranner, L.; Wanke, R.; Jurgens, L. The chicken egg an antibody source. J. Vet. Med. B 1986, 33, 609-619.
2. Brierley, J.; Hemmings, W.A. The selective transport of antibodies from the yolk sac to the circulation of the chick. J. Embryol. Exp. Morphol. 1956, 4, 34-41.
3. Bakyaraj, S.; Bhanja, S.K.; Majumdar, S.; Dash, B.B. Post-hatch immunomodulation through in ovo supplemented nutrients in broiler chickens. J. Sci. Food. Agric. 2012, 92, 313-320.
4. Bhanja, S.K.; Mandal, A.B.; Agarwal, S.K.; Majumdar, S. Effect of in ovo glucose injection on the post hatch-growth; digestive organ development and blood biochemical profiles in broiler chickens. Indian J. Anim. Sci. 2008, 78, 869-872.
5. Bhattacharyya, A.; Majumdar, S.; Bhanja, S.K.; Mandal, A.B.; Dash, B.B.; Agarwal, S.K. Effect of in ovo injection of glucose on growth: Immunocompetence and development of digestive organs in Turkey Poults. In Proceedings of the 16th European Symposium on Poultry Nutrition, Strasbourg, France, 26-30 August 2007; pp. 147-150.
6. Bhanja, S.K.; Mandal, A.B. In ovo injection of critical amino acids on pre and post-hatch growth; immunocompetence and development of digestive organs in broiler chickens. Asian Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 2005, 18, 524-531.
7. Singh, N.; Manshian, B.; Jenkins, G.J.; Griffiths, S.M.; Williams, P.M.; Maffeis, T.G.; Wright, C.J.; Doak, S.H. NanoGenotoxicology, the DNA damaging potential of engineered nanomaterials. Biomaterials 2009, 30, 3891-3914.
8. Rawat, M.; Singh, D.; Saraf, S.; Saraf, S. Nanocarriers, promising vehicle for bioactive drugs. Biol. Pharm. Bull. 2006, 29, 1790-1798.
9. Xiang, D.; Chen, Q.; Pang, L.; Zheng, C. Inhibitory effects of silver nanoparticles on H1N1 influenza a virus in vitro. J. Virol. Methods 2011, 178, 137-142.