Subject: Research Article | Public Health and Epidemiology/Infectious Diseases | Fever | Young Adult | Cambodia | Infant | Population Surveillance | [ SDV.MP.VIR ] Life Sciences [q-bio]/Microbiology and Parasitology/Virology | Antibodies | Female | Dengue Virus | Dengue | RC955-962 | Follow-Up Studies | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Public Health and Epidemiology | Adolescent | Viral | Urban Health | Arctic medicine. Tropical medicine | Adult | Humans | Incidence | Rural Health | Male | Child
International audience; BACKGROUND: Dengue vaccines are now in late-stage development, and evaluation and robust estimates of dengue disease burden are needed to facilitate further development and introduction. In Cambodia, the national dengue case-definition only allow... View more
1. Gubler DJ, Clark GG (1995) Dengue/dengue hemorrhagic fever: the emergence of a global health problem. Emerg Infect Dis 1: 55-7.
2. Guzman MG, Kouri G (2003) Dengue and dengue hemorrhagic fever in the Americas: lessons and challenges. J Clin Virol 27: 1-13.
3. Ooi EE, Goh KT, Gubler DJ (2006) Dengue prevention and 35 years of vector control in Singapore. Emerg Infect Dis 12: 887-93.
4. Guzman MG, Kouri G (2002) Dengue: An update. Lancet Infect Dis 2: 33-42.
5. Lang J (2009) Recent progress on sanofi pasteur's dengue vaccine candidate. J Clin Virol 46(Suppl 2): S20-4.
6. Morrison D, Legg TJ, Billings CW, Forrat R, Yoksan S, et al. (2010) A novel tetravalent dengue vaccine is well tolerated and immunogenic against all 4 serotypes in flavivirus-naive adults. J Infect Dis 201(3): 370-7.
7. DeRoeck D, Deen J, Clemens JD (2003) Policymakers' views on dengue fever/ dengue haemorrhagic fever and the need for dengue vaccines in four Southeast Asian countries. Vaccine 22: 121-9.
8. Mahoney RT, Krattiger A, Clemens JD, Curtiss R, 3rd (2007) The introduction of new vaccines into developing countries. IV: Global Access Strategies. Vaccine 25: 4003-11.
9. Huy R, Buchy P, Conan A, Ngan C, Ong S, et al. (2010) National dengue surveillance in Cambodia, 1980 - 2008: Insights on epidemiological and virological trends and impact of vector control interventions. Bull World Health Organ 88: 650-7.
10. Huy R, Wichmann O, Beatty M, Ngan C, Duong S, et al. (2009) Cost of dengue and other febrile illnesses to households in rural Cambodia: a prospective community-based case-control study. BMC Pub Health 9: 155.