Subject: alcohol | cigarette | caffeine | Apgar score | R5-920 | drugs | Medicine (General) | pregnancy | smoking | water pipe | Original Research | Drug, Healthcare and Patient Safety
Samar Rachidi,1 Sanaa Awada,1 Amal Al-Hajje,1 Wafaa Bawab,1 Salam Zein,1 Nadine Saleh,1,2 Pascale Salameh1,21Laboratory of Epidemiological and Clinical Research, Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon; 2Faculty of Public Health Labanese University, Beirut, LebanonBackgrou... View more
1. Ngoc NT, Merialdi M, Abdel-Aleem H, et al. Causes of stillbirths and early neonatal deaths: data from 7993 pregnancies in six developing countries. Bull World Health Organ. 2006;84:699-705.
2. Food and Drug Administration. Reviewer Guidance: Evaluating the risks of drug exposure in human pregnancies. 2005. Available from: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/.../Guidances/ucm071645.pdf. Accessed April 18, 2013.
3. Rogers JM, Kavlock RJ. Developmental toxicology. In: Klaassen CD, editor. Casarett and Doull's Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons. 5th ed. Blacklick (OH): McGraw-Hill; 1996:301-331.
5. Di Franza JR, Lew RA. Effect of maternal cigarette smoking on pregnancy complications and sudden infant death syndrome. J Fam Pract. 1995;40:385-394.
6. Royal College of Physicians. Effects of maternal active and passive smoking on fetal and reproductive health. In: Britton J, Edwards R, editors. Passive Smoking and Children: A Report by the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians. London: Royal College of Physicians; 2010:40-76.
7. Shah NR, Bracken MB. A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies on the association between maternal cigarette smoking and preterm delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000;182:465-472.
8. US Surgeon General, Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the US Surgeon General. Rockville: DHHS; 2004.
9. US Surgeon General, Department of Health and Human Services. Women and Smoking: A Report of the US Surgeon General. Rockville: DHHS; 2001.
10. Office for National Statistics (National Congenital Anomaly System). Congenital Anomaly Statistics: Notifications England and Wales 2008 . Series MB3, no 23. Newport, UK: ONS; 2010.