Subject: profitability | ABC | implementation process | HB71-74 | Economics as a science | ABC,ABM,implementation process, profitability | ABM
jel: jel:M49 | jel:M10 | jel:M41
Adherents of ABC/ABM systems claimed traditional management accounting systems generated misleading costs in a contemporary, tumultuous, often changing business environment and implementing ABC/ABM would remedy this. That is why activity-based costing (ABC) and activity... View more
1. Askarany, D.; Yazdifar, H. (2007), “Why ABC is not widely implemented?”, International Journal of Business Research, Vol. VII, No.1, pp. 93-98.
2. Askarany, D.; Smith, M.; Yazdifar, H. (2007), “Technological innovations, activity based costing and satisfaction”, Journal of Accounting-Business&Management, No. 14, pp. 53-63.
3. Baird, K. (2007) “Adoption of activity management practices in public sector organizations”, Accounting and Finance, No. 47, pp. 551-569.
4. Bescos, P.L.; Cauvin, E.; Gosselin, M. (2002), “Activity based costing and activity based management: a comparison of the practices in Canada and in France”, Comptabilite-ControlAudit, Special Issue - May, pp. 229-244.
5. Bjornenak, T.; Falconer, M. (2002), “The development of activity-based costing journal literature, 1987-2000”, The European Accounting Review, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 481-508.
6. Cardos, I.R. (2010) Contabilitate managerială şi calculaţia costurilor. Trecut, prezent şi viitor, Editura Alma Mater, Cluj-Napoca.
7. Clark, P.; Hill, N.T.; Stevens, K. (2002), “Activity based costing in Ireland: Barriers and opportunities for change”, Critical Perspectives on Accounting, No. 1, pp. 443-468.
8. Cohen, S.; Venieris, G.; Kaimenaki, E. (2005), “ABC: adopters, supporters, deniers and unawares”, Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 981- 1000.
9. Friedl, G.; Hammer, C.; Pedell, B.; Kupper H.U. (2009), “How do German companies run their cost accounting systems?”, Management Accounting Quarterly, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 38-52.
10. Groot, T. (1999) “Activity based costing in US and Dutch Food Companies”, Advances in Management Accounting, No. 7. pp. 47-63.