Subject: chemotherapy-induced nausea | Review | RC254-282 | granisetron | QT prolongation | Cancer Management and Research | Neoplasms. Tumors. Oncology. Including cancer and carcinogens | vomiting
Jay W Mason,1 Thomas E Moon2 1School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 2Tarizona eHealth Services, Inc, Emeryville, CA, USA Abstract: 5-HT3 antagonists have been available as oral and intravenous preparations for decades. The availability more recent... View more
1. Gralla RJ, Osoba D, Kris MG, et al. Recommendations for the use of antiemetics: evidence-based, clinical practice guidelines. American Society of Clinical Oncology. J Clin Oncol. 1999;17(9):2971-2994.
2. Roila F, Hesketh PJ, Herrstedt J. Prevention of chemotherapy- and radiotherapy-induced emesis: results of the 2004 Perugia International Antiemetic Consensus Conference. Ann Oncol. 2006;17(1):20-28.
3. Ihbe-Heffinger A, Ehlken B, Bernard R, et al. The impact of delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting on patients, health resource utilization, and costs in German cancer centers. Ann Oncol. 2004; 15(3):526-536.
4. Stewart DJ, Dahrouge S, Coyle D, Evans WK. Costs of treating and preventing nausea and vomiting in patients receiving chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol. 1999;17(1):344-351.
5. Sykes AJ, Kiltie AE, Stewart AL. Ondansetron versus a chlorpromazine and dexamethasone combination for the prevention of nausea and vomiting: a prospective, randomized study to assess efficacy, cost effectiveness, and quality of life following single-fraction radiotherapy. Support Care Cancer. 1997;5(6):500-503.
6. Tina Shih YC, Xu Y, Elting LS. Costs of uncontrolled chemotherapyinduced nausea and vomiting among working-age cancer patients receiving highly or moderately emetogenic chemotherapy. Cancer. 2007;110(3):678-685.
7. Vanscoy GJ, Fortner B, Smith R, Weber R, Rihn TL. Preventing chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: the economic implications of choosing antiemetics. Community Oncology. 2005;2(2):127-132.
8. Hesketh PJ, Sanz-Altamira P, Bushey J, Hesketh AM. Prospective evaluation of the incidence of delayed nausea and vomiting in patients with colorectal cancer receiving oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer. 2012;20(5):1043-1047.
9. Rubenstein EB. Palonosetron: a unique 5-HT3 receptor antagonist indicated for the prevention of acute and delayed chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2004;2(5):284-289.
10. Bloechl-Daum B, Deuson RR, Mavros P, Hansen M, Herrstedt J. Delayed nausea and vomiting continue to reduce patients' quality of life after highly and moderately emetogenic chemotherapy despite antiemetic treatment. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24(27):4472-4478.