Subject: Kidney Failure, Chronic | CARe Consortium | Molecular Biology | /dk/atira/pure/subjectarea/asjc/1100/1105 | CARDIoGRAM Consortium | reveals | Cancer Research | Caspase 9 | kidney | follow-up | QH426-470 | Genetics | /dk/atira/pure/subjectarea/asjc/1300/1311 | /dk/atira/pure/subjectarea/asjc/1300/1312 | DEAD-box RNA Helicases | Animals | loci | Female | 0604 Genetics | African Americans | Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium 2 (WTCCC2) | Genetics(clinical) | biology | Glomerular Filtration Rate | Developmental Biology | Aged | European Continental Ancestry Group | Ecology, Evolution, Behavior and Systematics | Middle Aged | DNA Helicases | Phosphoric Diester Hydrolases | /dk/atira/pure/subjectarea/asjc/2700/2716 | Medizin | Follow-Up Studies | Gene Knockdown Techniques | genome-wide | Medical Genetics | Cyclin-Dependent Kinases | Medicinsk genetik | Genome-Wide Association Study | /dk/atira/pure/subjectarea/asjc/1300/1306 | Zebrafish | ICBP Consortium | Humans | Male | R1
mesheuropmc: urologic and male genital diseases
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is an important public health problem with a genetic component. We performed genome-wide association studies in up to 130,600 European ancestry participants overall, and stratified for key CKD risk factors. We uncovered 6 new loci in associa... View more
1. Meguid El Nahas A, Bello AK (2005) Chronic kidney disease: The global challenge. Lancet 365(9456): 331-340.
2. Imai E, Matsuo S (2008) Chronic kidney disease in asia. Lancet 371(9631): 2147-2148.
3. Coresh J, Selvin E, Stevens LA, Manzi J, Kusek JW, et al. (2007) Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in the united states. JAMA 298(17): 2038-2047.
4. Levey AS, de Jong PE, Coresh J, El Nahas M, Astor BC, et al. (2011) The definition, classification, and prognosis of chronic kidney disease: A KDIGO controversies conference report. Kidney Int 80(1): 17-28.
5. van der Velde M, Matsushita K, Coresh J, Astor BC, Woodward M, et al. (2011) Lower estimated glomerular filtration rate and higher albuminuria are associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. A collaborative metaanalysis of high-risk population cohorts. Kidney Int 79(12): 1341-1352.
6. Gansevoort RT, Matsushita K, van der Velde M, Astor BC, Woodward M, et al. (2011) Lower estimated GFR and higher albuminuria are associated with adverse kidney outcomes. A collaborative meta-analysis of general and high-risk population cohorts. Kidney Int 80(1): 93-104.
7. Astor BC, Matsushita K, Gansevoort RT, van der Velde M, Woodward M, et al. (2011) Lower estimated glomerular filtration rate and higher albuminuria are associated with mortality and end-stage renal disease. A collaborative meta-analysis of kidney disease population cohorts. Kidney Int 79(12): 1331- 1340.
8. Kottgen A, Glazer NL, Dehghan A, Hwang SJ, Katz R, et al. (2009) Multiple loci associated with indices of renal function and chronic kidney disease. Nat Genet 41(6): 712-717.
9. Kottgen A, Pattaro C, Boger CA, Fuchsberger C, Olden M, et al. (2010) New loci associated with kidney function and chronic kidney disease. Nat Genet 42(5): 376-384.
10. Chambers JC, Zhang W, Lord GM, van der Harst P, Lawlor DA, et al. (2010) Genetic loci influencing kidney function and chronic kidney disease. Nat Genet 42(5): 373-375.