International audience; BACKGROUND: Helicopter pilots are involved in a complex multitask activity, implying overuse of cognitive resources, which may result in piloting task impairment or in decision-making failure. Studies usually investigate this phenomenon in well-c... View more
3. Billings CE, Eggspuehler JJ, Gerke RJ, Chase RC. Studies of pilot performance: II. Evaluation of performance during low altitude fl ight in helicopters. Aerosp Med. 1968; 39:19-31.
4. Cain B. Review of the mental workload literature. In: Development DRa, ed. Report #RTO-TRHFM-121-Part-II. Toronto, Ontario Canada: Defence Research and Development Canada-Toronto, Human System Integration Section; 2007.
5. Haarmann A, Boucsein W, Schaefer F. Combining electrodermal responses and cardiovascular measures for probing adaptive automation during simulated fl ight. Appl Ergon. 2009; 40(6):1026-1040.
6. Hoc JM, Amalberti R. Cognitive control dynamics for reaching a satisfying performance in complex dynamic situations. J Cogn Eng Decis Mak. 2007; 1:22-55.
7. Isen AM. An infl uence of positive af ect on decision making in complex situations: Th eoretical issues with practical implications. J Consum Psychol. 2001; 11(2):75-85.
8. Izard CE. Human emotions. New York: Plenum Press; 1977.
9. Karasek RA, Th eorell T. Healthy work. Stress, productivity and the reconstruction of working life. New York: Basic Books; 1990.
10. Lehrer P, Karavidas M, Lu SE, Vaschillo E, Vaschillo B, Cheng A. Cardiac data increase association between self-report and both expert ratings of task load and task performance in fl ight simulator tasks: An exploratory study. Int J Psychophysiol. 2010; 76(2):80-87.
11. Norcio AF, Stanley J. Adaptive human-computer interfaces: a literature survey and perspective. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics. 1989; 19(2):399-408.
12. Philip P, Sagaspe P, Taillard J, Valtat C, Moore N, et al. Fatigue, sleepiness, and performance in simulated versus real driving conditions. Sleep. 2005; 28(12):1511-1516.