Subject: Habits | Research Article | Anatomy | Head | [SHS.GESTION]Humanities and Social Sciences/Business administration | Bioassays and Physiological Analysis | Psychology | Public and occupational health | Behavior | Muscle Electrophysiology | Smoking habits | Fear | Emotions | Biology and Life Sciences | Research and Analysis Methods | Physiology | Medicine | Q | Face | R | Electrophysiology | Electromyography | Social Sciences | Electrophysiological Techniques | Science | Medicine and Health Sciences
International audience; The first aim of this research was to assess the effectiveness, in terms of emotional and behavioral reactions, of moderately vs. highly TVWs (Threatening Visual Warnings) displayed on tobacco packs. Given the key role that emotional reactions pl... View more
World Health Organization (2016), ªTobacco factsº, Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/ factsheets/fs339/en/ (accessed 3 January 2017).
int/fctc/signatories_parties/en/ (accessed 3 January 2017).
3. Canadian Cancer Society (2016), ªCigarette package health warnings: international status reportº, Available at: http://www.tobaccolabels.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Cigarette-Package-HealthWarnings-International-Status-Report-English-CCS-Oct-2016.pdf (accessed 3 January 2017).
4. Erceg-Hurn D. M., Steed L. G. Does exposure to cigarette health warnings elicit psychological reactance in smokers? J Appl Soc Psychol 2011; 41: 219±37.
5. Glock S., Kneer J. Are deterrent pictures effective? The impact of warning labels on cognitive dissonance in smokers. Appl Psychol Health Well-Being 2009; 1: 356±73.
6. Harris P. R., Mayle K., Mabbott L., Napper N. Self-affirmation reduces smokers' defensiveness to graphic on-pack cigarette warning labels. Health Psychol 2007; 26: 437±46. https://doi.org/10.1037/ 0278-6126.96.36.1997 PMID: 17605563
7. Maynard O. M., Munafò M. R., Leonards U. Visual attention to health warnings on plain tobacco packaging in adolescent smokers and non-smokers. Addiction 2013; 108: 413±19. https://doi.org/10.1111/j. 1360-0443.2012.04028.x PMID: 22882736
8. Munafò M. R., Roberts N., Bauld L., Leonards U. Plain packaging increases visual attention to health warnings on cigarette packs in non-smokers and weekly smokers but not daily smokers. Addiction 2011; 106: 1505±10. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2011.03430.x PMID: 21401767
9. Azagba S., Sharaf M. F. The effect of graphic cigarette warning labels on smoking behavior: evidence from the Canadian experience. Nicotine Tob Res 2013; 15: 708±17. https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/nts194 PMID: 22990228
10. Borland R., Yong H. H., Wilson N., Fong G. T., Hammond D., Cummings K. M. et al. How reactions to cigarette packet health warnings influence quitting: findings from the ITC Four-Country survey. Addiction 2009; 104: 669±75. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2009.02508.x PMID: 19215595