Subject: Research Article | Orthopedics and Sports Medicine | Diseases of the musculoskeletal system | RC925-935
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>The prevalence of musculoskeletal complaints in dentists is high although relatively few studies had focus in this profession. The aim of this study was to investigate the relations between physical, psychosocial, and individual char... View more
1. Andersson GBJ: Epidemiologic features of chronic low back pain. Lancet 1999, 354:581-5.
2. Szymanska J: Disordes of the musculoskeletal system among dentists from the aspect of ergonomics and prophylaxis. Ann Agric Environ Med 2002, 9:169-173.
3. Akesson I, Lundborg G, Horstmann V, Skerfving S: Neuropathy in female dental personnel exposed to high frequency vibrations. Occup Environ Med 1995, 52(2):116-23.
4. Burdorf A, Sorock G: Positive and negative evidence for risk factors of work-related back disorders. Scand J Work Environ Health 1997, 23:243-56.
5. Devereux JJ, Vlachonikolis IG, Buckle PW: Epidemiological study to investigate potential interaction between physical and psychosocial factors at work that may increase the risk of symptoms of musculoskeletal disorder of the neck and upper limb. Occup Environ Med 2002, 59(4):269-77.
6. Alexopoulos EC, Burdorf A, Kalokerinou A: Risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders among nursing personnel in Greek hospital. Int Arch Occup Environ Health 2003, 76(4):289-94.
7. Borg G: Psychophysical scaling with applications in physical work and the perception of exertion. Scand J Work Environ Health 1990, 16(suppl):55-58.
8. Karasek R, Brisson C, Kawakami N, Houtman I, Bongers P, Amick B: The job content questionnaire (JCQ): an instrument for internationally comparative assessments of psychosocial job characteristics. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology 1998, 3(4):322-355.
9. Van Sonsbeek JLA, De Voeg : A list of subjective health complaints. The Hague SDU/publishers (Statistical reports M37) 1990.
10. Sluiter JK, Van der Beek AJ, Frings-Dresen MHW: The influence of work characteristics on the need for recovery and experienced health: a study on coach drivers. Ergonomics 1999, 42:573-583.