Background New SNP marker platforms offer the opportunity to investigate the relationships between wheat cultivars from different regions and assess the mechanism and processes that have led to adaptation to particular production environments. Wheat breeding has a long ... View more
1. Mohan M, Nair S, Bhagwat A, Krishna TG, Yano M, Bhatia CR, Sasaki T: Genome mapping, molecular markers and marker-assisted selection in crop plants. Mol Breed 1997, 3:87-103.
2. Bevan MW, Uauy C: Genomics reveals new landscapes for crop improvement. Genome Biol 2013, 14:206.
3. Cavanagh CR, Chao S, Wang S, Huang BE, Stephen S, Kiani S, Forrest K, Saintenac C, Brown-Guedira GL, Akhunova A, See D, Bai G, Pumphrey M, Tomar L, Wong D, Kong S, Reynolds M, da Silva ML, Bockelman H, Talbert L, Anderson JA, Dreisigacker S, Baenziger S, Carter A, Korzun V, Morrell PL, Dubcovsky J, Morell MK, Sorrells ME, Hayden MJ: Genome-wide comparative diversity uncovers multiple targets of selection for improvement in hexaploid wheat landraces and cultivars. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2013, 110:8057-8062.
4. Randhawa HS, Asif M, Pozniak C, Clarke JM, Graf RJ, Fox SL, Humphreys DG, Knox RE, DePauw RM, Singh AK, Cuthbert RD, Hucl P, Spaner D: Application of molecular markers to wheat breeding in Canada. Plant Breed 2013, 132:458-471.
5. Gupta PK, Varshney RK, Sharma PC, Ramesh BL: Molecular markers and their applications in wheat breeding. Plant Breed 1999, 118:369-390.
6. Khlestkina EK, Salina EA: SNP markers: methods of analysis, ways of development, and comparison on an example of common wheat. Russ J Genet 2006, 42:585-594.
7. Jehan T, Lakhanpaul S: Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) - methods and applications in plant genetics: a review. Indian J Biotech 2006, 5:435-459.
8. Liao PY, Lee K: From SNPs to functional polymorphism: the insight into biotechnology applications. Biochem Engineer J 2010, 49:149-158.
9. Paux E, Sourdille P, Mackay I, Feuillet C: Sequence-based marker development in wheat: advances and applications to breeding. Biotech Advan 2012, 30:1071-1088.
10. Somers DJ, Kirkpatrick R, Moniwa M, Walsh A: Mining single-nucleotide polymorphism from hexaploid wheat ESTs. Genome 2003, 46:431-437.