<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>RanBPM (Ran-binding protein in the microtubule-organizing centre) was originally reported as a centrosome-associated protein in human cells. However, RanBPM protein containing highly conserved SPRY, LisH, CTLH and CRA domains is curr... View more
1. Vetter IR, Wittinghofer A: The guanine nucleotide-binding switch in three dimensions. Science 2001, 294:1299-1304.
2. Weis K: Nucleocytoplasmic transport: cargo trafficking across the border. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2002, 14:328-335.
3. Haizel T, Merkle T, Pay A, Fejes E, Nagy F: Characterization of proteins that interact with the GTP-bound form of the regulatory GTPase Ran in Arabidopsis. Plant J 1997, 11:93-103.
4. Pay A, Resch K, Frohnmeyer H, Fejes E, Nagy F, Nick P: Plant RanGAPs are localized at the nuclear envelope in interphase and associated with microtubules in mitotic cells. Plant J 2002, 30:699-709.
5. Kim SH, Roux SJ: An Arabidopsis Ran-binding protein, AtRanBP1c, is a co-activator of Ran GTPase-activating protein and requires the C-terminus for its cytoplasmic localization. Planta 2003, 216:1047-1052.
6. Baloğlu MC, Zakharov FN, Öktem HA, Yücel AM: Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression analysis of a gene encoding a Ran binding protein (RanBP) in Cucumis melo L. Turk J Biol 2011, 35:387-397.
7. Cho HK, Park JA, Pai HS: Physiological function of NbRanBP1 in Nicotiana benthamiana. Mol Cells 2008, 26:270-277.
8. Wang D, Li Z, Schoen SR, Messing EM, Wu G: A novel MET-interacting protein shares high sequence similarity with RanBPM, but fails to stimulate MET-induced Ras/Erk signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2004, 313:320-326.
9. Dansereau D, Lasko P: RanBPM regulates cell shape, arrangement, and capacity of the female germline stem cell niche in Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Biol 2008, 182:963-977.
10. Hosono K, Noda S, Shimizu A, Nakanishi N, Ohtsubo M, Shimizu N, Minoshima S: YPEL5 protein of the YPEL gene family is involved in the cell cycle progression by interacting with two distinct proteins RanBPM and RanBP10. Genomics 2010, 96:102-111.